08. Angel of Death

Start from the beginning

"This was all we needed to do to make you give up?" A merciless taunting voice reaches my ears and my eyes snap to the man in front of me. And that's the moment the reality crashes on me. Died?

He died.

Daniel is dead.

They killed him.

The man I loved more than myself, my brother just gave his life to save mine.

The realization hit me like an invisible force making me lose control over my body, my knees give up, the arms that are holding me on both sides are the only things keeping me standing. It's like thousands of needles start stinging me from inside out, pain burning my whole body.

My senses mesh together stinging my eyes as I struggle to breathe, tears gathering in my eyes. The tightness in my chest doubles as I fight for a lungful of air.

Emotions cloud my mind and for a moment I lose my grip on reality, this can not be happening, this is one of the countless nightmares that keep me up at nights, it's not real. But as I glance over the red puddle on the floor I understand there's no way I'll wake up from this nightmare called life.

I stare at the man in front of me again, but there's nothing I see, he has no identity, no face for me, he's simply a useless little dummy in the hands of his boss.

In my mayhem of emotions, there's one that dominates all of them. Anger. Anger washes over my body as everything I see slowly turns red. Anger towards myself, anger towards everyone in this room, anger towards the one who turned my life into a hunting game.

I'm sick of it, I'm sick of being the prey, from now on I'll be the hunter.

They have no idea what they've just done. I'm dangerous when I'm in the right state of my mind, me acting on my emotions? They just bought a one-way ticket to hell. They just woke my inner demon up, the monster I struggled to bury deep inside me all those years, and this time I'm not going to restrain it.

In a blink of an eye, I kick the shitface in front of me at the same time twisting my hands to free myself from their grip, snatching a small knife from my waistband I slit the throat of the man standing to my right open dark red, almost brown, liquid spouting out of his throat, pulling the knife out I throw it at the man in front of me while my leg kicks the one on the left. And all these happen in less than five seconds.

I come behind the one on the left placing my hands on both sides of his head before twisting with full force, but I don't let him fall pressing his body against mine as a human bulletproof vest. Some of the others notice our interaction and start firing at me. But instead, the bullets hit their companion's body, I pull his gun from his waist while my arms aching from his weight and start firing back, one by one body start dropping like little minions, but before I can fire again a weight slams into me from my side sending me crashing to the wall.

I look up to see a blonde girl launching full force at me determination in her eyes, stupid, very stupid. I get out of her way, my hands finding a piece of sharp tile in the process as she throws herself at me again. The sharp end of the tile goes right into her heart, her brown eyes freezing on my face with a scared expression. I practically sniff the bitter scent of fear in the air.

I throw her body off me looking around three of them still remaining. Pulling the gun out of the girl's holster I shot the first two while they were occupied shooting my little friends on the other side. The third one looks at me raising his gun, but the bullet leaves the barrel of my gun quicker embedding itself in his wrist, a scream of pain leaves his mouth as I slowly walk towards him shooting stops and the sullen silence swallows the hall.