Numbers 12🖊️

Today I was doing my bible reading and was amazed at not only Moses' humbleness but the fact he continues to pray for those who hurt him.

Let me give you a bit of context. I'm reading the book of Numbers, specifically numbers chapter 12. I read the full chapter and by the end was astonished at Moses' reaction.

Basically at the Aaron and Miriam were speaking against Moses behind his back. God heard what they were saying and got angry.

Let's first love the fact that God got angry that they were talking bad about Moses for a minute! He loves Moses so much. Remember that he gets angry when your people plot or talk bad about against you.

Skip over to verse 9. God's anger kindled against them and he left. When the cloud was removed basically both Miriam had leprosy and looked like snow.

Numbers 12:9-12

9 So the anger of the Lord was aroused against them, and He departed. 10 And when the cloud departed from above the tabernacle, suddenly Miriam became leprous, as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Miriam, and there she was, a leper. 11 So Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord! Please do not lay this sin on us, in which we have done foolishly and in which we have sinned. 12 Please do not let her be as one dead, whose flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb!"

What really got me is verse 13.

13 So Moses cried out to the Lord, saying, "Please heal her, O God, I pray!"

The Humility 👏. Moses pleaded for God to heal her. Even though what she did was wrong and must have hurt him. He prayed for her. I know a lot of us might be saying how this isn't a big deal and maybe you're skimmed through this passage but I want us to remember that what Moses did isn't our natural reaction. Most of us would never tell for God to heal those who hurt us, our first reaction wouldn't be that. Maybe second but not first.

God calls us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us.

Matthew 5:44
44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Moses was a perfect example of this because he continuously prayed for the Israelites no matter how wrong and disobedient they were to God.

Let's not just pray for our enemies but those who are misled and who are deceived

I challenge you to ask God for the meek and humble spirit that Moses had. That he would often pray for others over and over again.