Pslam 62

Psalm 62
ESV
My Soul Waits for God Alone
To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
62 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

Exodus 14:14
ESV
14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

David reveals to us the actions He took during a time of struggle. He chose to wait silently for God but there's a reason why. During times of trouble we have many options we can choose to place trust in but often choosing to place our trust in God can be easier said than done. David had a reason why He had this faith. There is a reason for our faith, faith always has a root and foundation it grows from and David trusted in the revelation of who God is.

David expressed that God is His rock and Salvation. That God is His defence. David, from his youth, would battle lions or bears to protect His Father's sheep (1 Samuel 17:34-35). David even fought against Goliath but with all these early troubles, David learned of his history with God. David learned that God was his salvation. That God was the one who would save David, not just from Goliath, not just from lions or bears but even from Saul. David was often in life and death situations but survived every time. David kept this testimony of God, that God was that same faithful God. David could surrender himself, rest and keep silent.

Often, when watching movies I can remark that the reason why a person is silent during a time when he is falsely accused is because he trusts the truth will come out eventually or waits for the opportunity to have proof.

There is a purpose in being still (silent) because it speaks of trust.
It speaks of surrender.
It speaks about what you know about God.

During emergencies, often we are told that we shouldn't panic or else we can end up making the situation worse or be in danger. We should remain composed and calm to think properly and move diligently.

Someone who knows they belong to God and their God is their leader may be in times of trouble but have peace knowing they have a Healer who has everything under control. In times of trouble, what you know about God is often revealed. It's truly the time when faith is tested.

David stood on the solid ground of what he knows about his God. He had the confidence to say he won't be greatly moved.

3 How long will all of you attack a man
    to batter him,
    like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4 They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
    They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
    but inwardly they curse. Selah

David speaks of those who attack a person of high rank. David rebuked these types of people and warned of judgement to come. Some translations such as the NKJV point to David's opponents as the leaning wall and tottering face and others such as the ESV point David himself was the leaning wall, there.

Many times whenever we grow, our ministry grows, we gain success etc there are those for us and those against. Oftentimes, some seek at all costs to bring down a ministry of a woman/man of God. These are people who want to bring down God's people down like a fence. Often these people's motivations are Jealousy, envy, hatred, dislike, and seeking to see division and confusion. They do all they can to ruin the reputation of those God has exalted and to bring them to shame and dishonour. David experienced this and even our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ experienced this. Jesus was followed by faithful disciples but often the Pharisees did all they could to bring down Jesus' ministry. Many times they would seek to catch Jesus making mistakes or find something to accuse Him of  (for example Matthew 19:3-9). Though Jesus was often asked questions and tested to be trapped and accused, He had the discernment to realise what they were trying to do.