"I'm afraid of her..."

He grabbed me in his arms and kissed my temple affectionately. "Do not fret, child. I am here. But all this talk is delaying our trip. We must leave immediately."

Hastily, we skipped the old vehicles to my father's modern ones. He didn't take time to choose a car, and the first one he saw, the first one he chose. We got into a royal blue Rolls Royce Phantom that looked so brand new, I didn't think it was even out yet. As the giant oak wood doors opened automatically, we rounded a corner into a vineyard, clearly hiding where the garage was. He drove fast, glancing at me every now and then to make sure I didn't look like I was about to hurl the contents of my stomach. It was okay though because I was used to the Van Allens fast driving. Thinking of Georgie driving, though...yeah, that was different. I didn't even want to think about it, thank you very much.

I looked out the window, still seeing the clouds flash a thunder. The rain was pouring hard and when it hit the windshield, there were huge drops of rain thrumming hard and fast. The pine trees we passed on every corner were swinging mightily from side-to-side. I truly believed this was not just plain rain and a few thunders. It was a storm. And somehow, this was a sign. Maybe from someone we knew. Anne?

We drove without speaking. Dad was just concentrating on the task at hand, but sometimes he asked how I was at the moment or showed me some of the land he owned anonymously. No one knew there was a duke living in Woodville, he explained, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"Do you come back to England or to my grandparents in Spain?" I asked quietly, not leaving my eyes from the window beside me. "Do they know I remember parts of my old life now?"

I heard him shrug, tapping a palm on the steering wheel. "Yes. I just went back from Venice five months ago. To visit your grandparents from my side of the family. In a month or so, I will go to Spain. The royalties will be having a meeting with the Daevas. And, my poppet, your grandparents know everything."

"Everything?" This time, I turned to look at him with questioning eyes.

He stared a moment at me, then his eyes went back on the road cold, foggy road. He knew what I was asking. "Everything. But you cannot go to them, Venise. Not yet."

"Then, when?"

"Soon."

I sighed, giving up. I didn't want to even go to Spain anyway. I was just merely curious, is all.

We passed by the village of Liluwaye Cone and its suburbs and we were headed straight to a road where there were no houses,but merely trees and fields. I didn't know where we were going because I haven't been to this side of Liluwaye before. But I held quiet, letting my father lead me to where I was not technically supposed to be taken to.

He took a slippery turn to the right after two miles, and as soon as we got over another few areas, a large black gate opened for us as some guard saw us from his tiny guardhouse.

Wait a minute...I thought I saw these familiar gates on an ad before. I leaned forward, my head slightly tilted in front of the windshield. There were grand-looking courthouse-like buildings on large grassy fields. An American flag, along with another one with a logo, swung chaotically on a flagpole as we passed by. I read the signs on the building we were passing by.

Liluwaye University.

And another: Liluwaye University Library.

And then another: Liluwaye University Auditorium.

There was a courthouse too. And so on and so forth. There were college students passing by, umbrellas in one hand, and books in the other. I heard far away from outside my father's car a student cursing the rain and how awful it was. I shrugged. He should hang out with G.