6

four letter word.
starts with an 'S'
ends with a 'T'
•••

"Shit," I muttered as I tried to close the top button to my stupid blouse, only to realize that it was the button that popped off of the shirt four hours ago. "Stupid, arrogant, sexy, idiotic, stupid bastard."

I hate him. Very much. Why was it so difficult to just get this assignment over with and kill his annoying ass? Was it because his dick-game was amazing and quite addictive? Hell yeah. Or maybe it was because he was just drop-dead gorgeous? Obviously.

It was finally time to go back to the penthouse. I wanted to avoid that stupidly gorgeous British bastard as much as possible so that I could go home and scream into a pillow... maybe get drunk, too. I was done with today and I knew that I was to blame because I apparently forget who I am the second I see his dick—his large dick; hell, all I have to do is think about it and I forget.

I was still so sore from what happened back in Niklaus's office but it didn't help that I was still burning in my lady area and the only person I knew could help was two floors above me at a meeting. If it was not for the woman who phoned him saying that he had a meeting in twenty minutes, I highly doubt he would have let me leave the office.

But, damn, was he amazing in bed—or in the office, in this case.

I grabbed my briefcase and stood to my feet, biting back a grimace as I walked towards the elevator as best as I could. Just as I was about to press the button, the doors effortlessly slid open. I paused my movements when I saw Niklaus with his eyes staring down at his phone, his eyebrows pushed together and a serious look on his face. Goddamn it, everything he did was so effortlessly sexy. Just the way he stared at his phone in concentration was sexy.

Shaking my head to myself to remove any dirty thoughts of the man standing two feet away from me, I took a step inside the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. The sound of my heels caught his attention almost immediately and his head snapped up, looking in my direction. I kept my head straight, daring not to look in his eyes.

"How was your first day on the job, Ms. Stone?" He asked, catching me off-guard. I turned my head and met his hazel eyes, watching the dangerous flicker in them before they darkened. I narrowed my eyes.

"Pretty well for the first day," I shortly responded, straightening my skirt before turning my attention back to the panel as it showed the numbers climbing down to ground level. "I'm glad that my name is so positively recognized in the building, too. A lot of people had something to say about my work back in America."

Niklaus hummed, making my eyes narrow even more. "That's nice to hear. Keep up the good work and we'll see about a reward, especially in such short notice of your arrival."

I knew exactly what he really meant and I was not giving in. Through those blurred line,ms, you could hear what he was trying to tell me... unless I was crazy and he meant a legitimate reward.

This was Niklaus St. Clair we were talking about, though, so of course he was talking about sex.

For a moment, we were both silent. Once we hit floor fifteen, however, Niklaus made his first move and moved across the elevator. My breathing pattern began irregular and I felt the oxygen hitch in my throat when he leaned down until I could feel his breath again my ear.