30

AHH LAST CHAPTER!!!
•••

"Bloody hell, Kiara, be careful. Don't forget that I just woke up."

"I can't help it!" I giggled out excitedly, jumping up and down before helping him out of the car. I made sure he couldn't see through his blindfolds, feeling him wrap his arm around my shoulder before allowing me to guide him, his other one unavailable in its sling.

When I woke up beside Niklaus and found him already staring at me, I have never cried harder in my life. It took everything in me not to pounce on him and just hug him as right as I could so I allowed myself to simply cry until finally kissing him. Normally, I cared a lot about morning breath, but it wasn't really the first thing on my mind after seeing the love of my life wake up from a two-week coma.

And, here we are, three days later, and I have him blindfolded to show him the surprise I had been planning for him while he was unconscious.

"Relax, kitten," he chuckled out when I tugged him a bit too much. "I'm going to pop a bloody stitch if you don't."

I immediately slowed down, helping him up the stairs. I opened the doors for him and began to giggle uncontrollably, stopping him once he was inside. I closed the door and bounced, only to realize he was still blindfolded.

"Oops," I spoke out loud, getting on my toes to reach the knot behind his head. Once it was gone, I removed the blindfolded and allowed him to look around.

"What... Kiara, what is all of this?" He breathed out.

I admired the beautiful room, taking in from the polished grey-wooden flooring below us to the white walls. Two sets of stairs rests on opposite walls, eventually meeting at the centre of the giant landing before it turned into the second floor. A giant chandelier sat above us, shining beautifully, and I smiled widely to myself before finding that Nik's back was still facing me.

"Nik?" I whispered out, panic immediately starting to eat at me. "Say something, please. You're making me nervous."

When he slowly turned to face me, Nik's eyes held unshed tears.

"You... you bought us a house?" He whispered out to me.

I slowly nodded my head, breathing out slowly. "I-I remember you telling me once that you'd love to live out in the country so I started looking and.... so, I found this beautiful mansion out of the city and it seemed like the perfect place to start raising our family. I-I don't want you to be mad because I did this without you but I—"

Niklaus shut me up with his lips, cupping my cheek with his free hand. Relief flooding through me as I returned his kiss immediately, running a hand through his hair before he hesitantly pulled back and pressed our foreheads together.

"Why would I be mad?" He whispered with a wide grin. "I mean, we... we have a house. Together."

I couldn't fight back my excited squeals. "I can't wait to show you everything. I left the office clear because I know how much you like it being a certain way, same with your side of the washroom, but I designed the bedroom and living room and"—I began to bounce up and down— "I hope you'll like it. I made it with the theme you had in your penthouse so it'll feel more at home for you, too, so—"