Chapter 18: Who will make the First Move?

3rd Person

Morning arises.

The sound of alarming clock rang through her ears, waking her up with frustration. Her hands hastily lifted towards the clock and slammed her hands onto it, making the poor thing shut up.

Even if she wants to sleep more, she knows she can't. School still exists.

With silent grunts, she stood up and directly heading to the bathroom.

She went out after 30 minutes, already wearing her school uniform. She didn't even bother dry her hair and went to the kitchen to prepare for breakfast.
Until the girls arrived, also wearing they're uniform. Even Minju and the Nako.

They also have enrolled the three to Enozi. And they let Eunbi go to school again. She still holds a big role as the Academy's Council President. Even tho its a bit dangerous, they still let them. They're also in the same school to protect them and besides, the girls themselves can fight too. But Chaewon, she will be staying here. She still haven't fully recovered yet. Hitomi insisted to skip school and take care of the girl, which Chaeyeon just agreed.

While Sakura.. she's not around. Of course as a teacher, she goes to school earlier that them. Wonyoung too is nowhere to be seen and even Hyewon. They don't even know if Wonyoung returned home already. And Hyewon, its a big surprise that she's still sleeping. The girl was always the punctual one among them. Chaeyeon would always find the girl, already sitting in the counter every morning, waiting for the food the be served.

She's suspecting that Hyewon is still asleep but didn't really took effort on waking the girl up.

They already finished their meal and already heading to their vehicle. The driver in charge didn't waste any more minute and started driving off to their school.

———

9 A.M. Its in the middle of class. A familiar scenario can be seen inside. Of course, Chaeyeon didn't pay attention to the lessons again. She already knew about that anyway. With Hyewon and Wonyoung's absence, she felt a bit.. uneasy..? Or if its the right word to describe it.

Even Yena here is unusually quiet. Chaeyeon noticed this behavior of course as Yena was the one who will always finds a way to talk, even if she's scolded by Sakura every single time. But this time, she's staying still, listening to what Sakura is discussing.

Chaeyeon just did nothing but observed the girl. Until lunch break.. afternoon classes.. and now, dismissal. Besides being quiet, she also observed that the girl is a bit.. sweaty.

They're all currently walking their way towards their vehicle. Then she finally went to the girl after hours of just watching.

"Yena.."

The girl looked at her. "Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" She stiffened for a while before shaking her head.

"I'm fine." She replied.

But Chaeyeon wasn't satisfied. So she went near to the girl and touched her forehead to check. Only to find her burning.

"Sh*t— you're hot Yena!"

Yena looked at her, brows raised. "I'm always hot. Don't tell me you fell for me..?"

"No you dumf*ck! Your literally hot. You're burning!"

But Yena.. instead of answering, she literally closed her eyes and collapsed. But before completely fell to the floor, Chaeyeon was quick enough to catch her.