Chapter 5: Police's Side

(A short chapter)

—————

3rd Person

Inside a Police Agency Office, all of the police officials are busy with their individual work. Facing their computers in each of their desks.

When the General Chief's computer suddenly shut down, making him startle.

"WHO TURNED OF—" he stopped midway, realizing that the lights are still on. He looked around faced by his co-workers wearing a concerned look on their faces.

The main electric source ain't broken or have been turned off. Then it must be his computer's problem.

Sitting down back, he noticed some changes on his screen. Instead of black, the screen flashed a golden light, with a chess piece in the middle. A Rook. And at the center most part, there engraved an IZ symbol written vertically. And lastly, at the right bottom corner, you can see the sender... '- Hacker', it says..

Upon seeing this, he clenched his fist while gritting his teeth, calling for his colleagues to come over and have a look.

As all of them gathered, the Chief clicked on the folder that was sent. It was a video.

He clicked the play button, revealing a Silver masked girl playing with the camera, spinning it around.

"Its Silver!"

"But it was sent by Hacker..?!"

"If it is then.. does that mean they're joining forces?!"

The rest started murmuring, discussing about what they just saw.

The video continued, Silver is still playing around with it, uttering the words, "Hello there officers..

"Guess what..?"

She paused. The Chief got a bit irritated to the fact that they can't recognize the voice. It's been edited into a robotic sound. The polices stared at the screen, anticipating for what's Silver going to say next.

"Just kidding! I have nothing for you to guess really!" Then she laughed, causing for the officers to wrinkle their faces.

"Stop playing around, Silver." Someone scolded her from the background.

The officers looked at each other, confused, but at the same time, surprised.

Especially when Silver went towards another figure, wrapping her other hand around her neck. "Officers! Lemme lemme introduce you to some new thangs..!

Hahahaha...hakdog... Anyway.. I bet you knew her already right..? The Red Fox!"

They all gasped in shock. They can't believe anything at all. First, Hacker and Silver, then Red Fox added up to their squad.

But then suddenly, the camera was snatched by someone. It took a little time before the camera focused on the face— or her mask rather. And there, it was Butterfly. The Blue Butterfly.

"Blue's also with them..?"

"Where's her twin? The Black Butterfly?"

"But Black died already, didn't she?"

Yes.. The Butterfly used to have a partner. Used to. Before entering the wanted list, there were actually two of them. The Blue and Black Butterfly. They used to be a tandem, called Twin Butterflies. Blue was Wonyoung's original nickname. Then Black.. she remained anonymous.

But then the Black one suddenly disappeared. It was rumored that she died. Blue was then renamed as Butterfly because she's the only one left among the Twin. But despite having a missing, or maybe dead, partner.. she's still stayed as one of the most dangerous criminals alongside her teammates now.

"You're no fun, Silver." Butterfly uttered, looking at Silver then she joined her in the frame.

"What's not fun about that..?"

"You know what's fun? This." She hold the camera farther from her, showing the scenery behind them.

A lot of officers gasped at the sight, even some of them almost puked.

What they saw was a lot of bloody corpses, being piled together forming a little mountain.

"Oh yeah!" Yena snatched the camera again, pointing her finger to those corpses. "See this officers?? We killed them all!" She excitedly exclaimed, stomping on one's head.

"Stop now Silver. They're already dead." Red Fox called down, causing for the girl to stop.

She focused the camera on her teammates who's busy assisting some girls cover up their almost-naked and injured bodies. "See those three girls..? They're all hot!" She whispered towards the camera, making sure the other can't hear her. The girls' faces were edited as well, blurred, making them unrecognizable.

"But my hamster is hotter..." She giggled.

"Come here now Silver! Rook is waiting for us!" Red Fox called out at the background.

"Kay whatever.." then she focused the camera on herself again. "That would be all this time officers.. But lemme warn you on something first" She showed one of the corpse's wrist. "See this mark? Beware of people with those marks on their hands."

And before the video ended, she was muttering on something.. "I might convince the Hacker to send this sh*t." Then the computer completely shuts.

Leaving them all speechless.

"IMMEDIATELY TRACK WHERE IT'S SENT FROM!" The Chief commanded, making them move onto their own computers.

"I can't find anything, Sir." One responded after some time tracking.

"Me too."

Chief slammed his hands on the table, making a loud thud shocking the others. "Damn it!" He cursed.

"Sir! Hacker and Rook must be one perso—"

"Obviously!!" He screamed again, silencing his colleagues.

'Damn it! Those criminals! How dare they form a union!'

But behind those thoughts, the Chief can't help but to wondered as he remembered something.

"See this mark? Beware of people with those marks on their hands."

'What about those marks? What's the meaning behind it?'