Chapter 1

" It's no big deal!!"
" It's no big deal?", I repeated
" It's something I've never done in my entire fourteen years of age and you call it no big deal?, well, bye", I added as I walked out on her going towards the school gate when she shouted my name and signalled for me to wait as she quickly ran over.
  "What is it again", I asked
"I just wanted you to give it second thoughts as it feels like......."
"There would be no second thoughts as I have already made up my mind concerning this issue. One more word about this and our friendship would be finally over", I said stopping her from finishing the sentence.

I was still trying to put the remains of the conversation when the knock on the car's window came. "Oh!!", I exclaimed, it was one of those gala and groundnut sellers popularly seen on Lagos roads particularly in traffic.
      "Joke, would you prefer gala or groundnut", my Dad asked and I told him I wanted none as I sank back into my seat always at the front beside Dad, about to continue my thinking when the horn of another car stopped me again as the traffic had just began to move and I decided I would have to do that at home.

Soon enough, we got home and as I was about entering the house, my Dad called me
"Joke, are you ok?, you've been quiet"
  "I'm okay Daddy, I was just doing some thinking"
"I can be of help, right?"
"No thanks"
"Ok then but let me know when there's something I can do"
    I nodded in the affirmative as I turned around headed for my room.
    I concluded that I wasn't going to let anyone at home get to find out about my new found problem in school not when I could handle it. NEVER!!!