“Ally, talk to me. What’s wrong?” His voice was sincere as he let go of my hand and slipped it around my waist, pulling me into his side. I let my head lean against his shoulder as I let out a long breath.

“I’m too embarrassed to face him...”

“Embarrassed? You didn’t do anything!”

“Still, he watched our dad deny me. It’s embarrassing.” My voice croaked a bit. I felt my eyes begin to water a bit, but luckily I managed blinked the tears away.

“I understand where you’re coming from, but don’t you think ignoring Niall is only going to make things worse? He really does care about you.”

“I know that. I care about him too. But he just doesn’t understand the amount of times I’ve been told that I was worthless, unwanted, and a mistake. The fact that he watched someone tell me all these things just makes me feel worse.”

His grip became tighter around me. “You’re none of that, you know that right?”

I nodded while sighing, not really meaning it at all, but it was enough to get Zayn to move on from the topic.

“So, are we actually going to go somewhere or did you take me out to lecture me?”

“I didn’t lecture you. I was just trying to find out what was wrong.”

“Whatever, same thing.”

He chuckled as we turned right; towards a boardwalk type of thing. I looked up at him, hoping to get a hint of what we were doing.

“You’ll see.” He murmured into my hair as he placed a soft kiss to my head.

We reached the boardwalk; which was in somewhat of a carnival form. I loved it. It looked like loads of fun. There were arcade games and carnival games. It looked like it just came out of movie. I loved it!

“Wanna play?” He asked. I nodded, smiling brightly at him. He grabbed a hold of my hand as he dragged me towards a booth.

He ordered about 50 tokens so we were set to play.

“Which game first? The balloon popping game or the ring tossing one?”

“Balloon popping. I’m a pro at that.” I winked at him and he laughed in response. He tugged at my hand as he pulled me up to the game.

We gave him 6 coins- 3 coins per player- and he passed us 10 darts to throw at the balloon.

“How many balloons do I have to pop to get the Smurf toy?” I asked the man behind the counter.

“15,”

“Zayn we have to get the Smurf toy ok?”

He rolled his eyes and laughed. “How old are you again?”

“Old enough to want a Smurf toy.” I smiled up at him as the guy started the time.

“You have thirty seconds to pop as many balloons as you can... 1, 2, 3 go!”

We both began tossing the darts at the balloons; both of us were getting each balloon. It wasn’t really rocket science doing this. It was pretty easy. All the balloons were close to each other so we were able to get all of them.

Once we finished the guy handed me the Smurf today. “Thanks you!” I said happily as I linked my arm with Zayn’s.

“That was fun,” I told him as we looked for the next thing to do.

“It was indeed. This is way more fun than hanging out in your room all day, right?”

“Mhm. A lot more fun, actually.”