Chapter Sixteen

Karlie

I woke up the next morning in Taylor's arms. She was awake and her blue eyes were on me, and she was playing with my hair lightly. "Good morning sunshine." She said sweetly, leaning down to kiss me. I kissed her back and smiled. "Good morning baby." I said with a smile. "Thank you again for last night. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't come." I said honestly. She connected our hands and smiled. "Of course babe. I'm always here." She said, kissing my forehead. "Can I check your bruises please?" She asked. I just nodded and stood up. I walked into the bathroom and she followed, our hands connected the whole time. She lifted my shirt up and removed it and looked at the black and blue bruises on my waist where Jimmy's hands held me. She grabbed the bottle of lotion off of the counter and put a dab of it on her hand. "Does it hurt?" She asked, lightly rubbing lotion onto one bruise. I nodded. "A little." I answered honestly. She finished rubbing the lotion in and kissed the bruise lightly and moved onto the other bruise, also kissing it once she was finished with the lotion. I smiled at her and she kissed my forehead, nose, and ended with a sweet kiss on my lips. She was being so nurturing and sweet and I loved it. There was a knock on the door as Taylor and I pulled away from the kiss. Taylor handed me my shirt and I put it on lightly and went to answer the door. Taylor followed me and had her hand on the small of my back to let me know that she was there. I opened the door and Veronica was there with a smile on her face. "Hello Karlie." She said with a smile. I smiled, nervously, at her. I let her into the apartment and Taylor kissed my temple quickly and I smiled at her. We sat down at the table and Taylor had her hand on my thigh. "So, today will be the part of the photoshoot on the beach. I have brought you your outfit and I'd like you to meet me down in the lobby by 9:00. I just nodded and she left the apartment with a smile. I glanced at the clock and it was 8:50. I walked into the bedroom silently, holding the lingerie. Taylor followed me and I sat on the bed and sighed. "What's wrong sunshine?" Taylor asked me, taking my hand in hers. "It's just-I'm nervous. What if Jimmy is there?" I said nervously. "I will be there the whole time. I won't let him touch you, I promise." Taylor said sincerely. "I just- I don't want him anywhere near me." I kept my gaze on our hands and I played with Taylor's fingers. "I promise you, I won't let him near you. Trust me." She said. I let out another sigh. "It's not you I don't trust." I looked at her. "And what about the bruises? What if they show?" I asked nervously. "I have some foundation I can put on them." Taylor offered. I just nodded. She followed me into the bathroom and I changed into the lingerie and sighed as I saw the bruises in the mirror. "You're still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, sunshine." Taylor said, wrapping her arms around me. I blushed and she kissed my shoulder. I sat on the edge of the bathtub as Taylor brought foundation out of her makeup bag. She applied it to the bruises and added a little bronzer to help hide the fact that foundation was used. I got up after she was done and looked in the mirror. You could hardly tell that there was any bruises there. "Thank you baby, you can't even tell." I said, smiling and kissing her lips. She kissed me back and took my hand and walked out to the main area of the hotel room. I put a dress on over the lingerie and took Taylor's hand and walked to the elevator. "I know we aren't public yet, but I will hold your hand the whole time okay?" Taylor told me in the elevator. "Thank you." I smiled. "Of course. And if you ever get nervous, just squeeze my hand okay?" She kissed my cheek and I just smiled and allowed the blush to heat up my cheeks.

Taylor

Veronica greeted us in the lobby and gave our hands a puzzled look. She said nothing as she led us to the car. Karlie and I rode in the back seat and she rode in the front seat with the driver. I wrapped my arm around Karlie's shoulder and she leaned against me. I gently rubbed her arm with my hand and she smiled up at me lovingly and I returned the smile. We arrived at the beach shortly after that and I helped Karlie out of the car, being careful of her bruises. She gripped my hand tightly and I just gripped her hand back and ran my thumb over the top of her hand to try to calm her down. We walked over to the set and I could sense Karlie getting more nervous with every step we took. "Welcome back Karlie! Ready for day two?" The head of the photoshoot said. She just stood there gripping my hand with all the strength she had.

No POV

Karlie saw the man she had dreaded seeing since the moment he was pulled away last night. She lost it and broke down in tears and sobs. She clung onto Taylor tightly and Taylor held onto her and rubbed her back. "Shh, I'm here baby. I'm right here." Taylor whispered to her. "What's going on?" Billy asked, watching the two girls. "N-No." Karlie told Taylor. Taylor understood what she meant and she just leaned down to Karlie. "It's okay, I won't tell them. It's okay." Taylor whispered into Karlie's ear, kissing her cheek gently before looking up at Billy. "She's just having a rough day. That's all." Taylor told him, glaring at Jimmy. She couldn't contain her hatred and anger at him for doing this to her girlfriend. The strong and courageous woman she loved was now crying, scared and helplessly clinging to Taylor. She wanted to have him arrested for what he did to her but she knew that wouldn't help with the state of pain Karlie was in right now. She's never seen Karlie feeling so vulnerable before. "Why don't you take her back to her hotel and we will do the photoshoot tomorrow instead?" Billy suggested. Taylor just nodded and helped Karlie walk to the car. Once they got into the car, Karlie seemed to calm down a bit, but she still was clinging to Taylor and had her head buried in Taylor's chest just like the night before. "Is everything alright?" Veronica asked, turning around in the front seat to look at the girls. "She's okay." Taylor stated simply. "You're always safe with me." Taylor whispered into the models ear.

Once back in the hotel room Taylor helped Karlie change into a pair of pajamas and reapplied lotion to the bruises, kissing each one like she always has. She brought Karlie to the bed and went to the other side. Taylor brought Karlie into her arms and Karlie leaned against Taylor and had her head resting on Taylor's chest. Taylor had one hand stroking Karlie's hair gently and the other hand was in Karlie's. Karlie was laying against Taylor and playing with the singer's fingers as Taylor's other hand ran through her blonde hair. Karlie sighed, feeling safe once again. "You okay baby girl?" Taylor asked the model softly, looking down at her. Karlie nodded. "Now I am." Karlie answered honestly, looking up at Taylor and connecting their lips in a kiss. "I love you sunshine." Taylor said with a smile. "I love you too Taylor." Karlie replied, returning to playing with Taylor's fingers. The scene was so peaceful between the two lovebirds. You could tell, just by watching them, how in love they were. You could tell that each girl felt safe and at home in the other girl's arms. Karlie yawned and closed her eyes allowing sleep to overcome her while Taylor remained awake, stroking Karlie's hair. Taylor vowed to never allow anything like this to ever happen again, and she also vowed that she would always protect the model that was laying in her arms. Taylor got up carefully, trying not to wake up her sleeping girlfriend to lock the door of the hotel room. Taylor found Karlie crying on the bed when she returned. Taylor disliked seeing Karlie so weak, but she would never leave her and she would try to make her strong again. "What's wrong?" Taylor asked, wrapping her arms around Karlie and pulling the model toward her. Karlie relaxed into Taylor's body. "I had a nightmare that Jimmy came back and raped me again and when I woke up, y-you weren't there." Karlie said, calming herself down a little. "I'm right here.
I just got up to lock the door, that's all." Taylor said, laying them both down on the bed. She pulled the covers up over them and held Karlie close to her. "Goodnight sunshine. I love you." Taylor said, kissing her girlfriend's forehead sweetly. "Goodnight Tay. I love you too." Karlie said, kissing Taylor's cheek before putting her head on Taylor's chest and closing her eyes. The girls fell asleep in each other's arms and Taylor intertwined their hands before falling asleep.

_______________________

SUPER LONG CHAPTER YAY!!! I will try to write more chapters like this one if you guys want me to😄 since it's such a long chapter I will have this up in the morning and will update the story the next day:)

THANK YOU FOR THE READS AND COMMENTS I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

💕kate💕