Chapter Twelve

No POV

"Okay, I'll see you then." Karlie hung up the phone and had a lot of emotions going through her mind. She walked back to Taylor who was seated on the couch playing with Meredith. The lovers were closer than they had ever been and they still weren't public yet. A few months had past and both girls had time off from their busy lives in the spotlight. "Who was that?" Taylor asked Karlie as she walked back into the room. "My manager." Karlie said, sighing and laying down next to Taylor, resting her head in her lap. "I have to go to Paris tomorrow for a three day photoshoot." Karlie's voice sounded sad mixed with disappointment. Taylor ran her hands delicately through Karlie's dirty blonde hair and her ocean blue eyes met Karlie's emerald green ones. Taylor sighed and looked away, avoiding eye contact with the model. "Oh." Taylor said lowly. "But it's only for three days." Karlie said, trying to show some light on the subject. "Yeah. But that doesn't mean I won't miss you, sunshine." Taylor replied, giving the model a small smile. "I know baby, I'll miss you too. But it will be over before you know it." Karlie began. "Plus, we have all of today!" Karlie said, earning a grin from Taylor. Karlie sat up and was pushed gently against the back of the couch by Taylor, who was kissing the model hungrily. Karlie kissed back and realized how much she would miss these kisses in the days she would be gone, so she kissed back with everything in her, desperate to hold on to every kiss that they shared. Suddenly, Taylor pulled back with a huge grin like a kid would have in a store full of candy. "What?" Karlie asked, giggling at the singer. "Let's go to the beach!" Taylor yelled, getting all excited. The two of them both knew that they couldn't do anything too revealing in public as they were still being secret to the public eye, but they still both wanted to make the most of today. The girls went upstairs and changed into bathing suits, making love to each other in the process, and they went downstairs and packed a picnic and drove to the beach in cape cod.

When they arrived, they unloaded the picnic basket and blanket and grabbed their purses and made their way to an unpopulated area of the beach and sat down on their blanket. "Tay, hand me the sunscreen please." Karlie asked politely. Taylor took the bottle of sunscreen from her purse and handed it to the model who squirted some onto her hand. "Come here." Karlie said, giving Taylor one of her '100% sunshine' smiles as Taylor liked to call them. As Karlie was rubbing the lotion into Taylor's skin, they heard the faint click of cameras from behind the bushes. "Kar, did you hear that?" Taylor asked, looking toward the bushes. "Ignore them Tay. Today is about us." The model said, taking Taylor's hand and resting it in her lap. Taylor nodded, and Karlie's hand gave hers a reassuring squeeze. Taylor returned the favor and squeezed Karlie's hand back before taking the sunscreen and rubbing some into Karlie's skin. Then, the two stars ran into the water together and splashed each other, and laughed. They spent a few hours in the water, the lovers hands connected under the surface of the water the entire time. Karlie pulled Taylor under the surface of the water and their eyes met under water and then their lips connected in a passionate kiss. They deepened the kiss and held the other's lips as long as possible before having to resurface to catch their breath. As they resurfaced, Karlie pulled Taylor in again and hugged her. Taylor wrapped her legs around Karlie's waist and they stayed like that for a while, out of the sight of the paparazzi and their cameras. Taylor kissed Karlie once again and pulled away with a smile. "Let's go eat baby. I'm hungry." Karlie said. Taylor agreed and Karlie gently set her down in the water and they walked out of the water, hand in hand, back to their picnic blanket and basket that was waiting for them on the shore. They sat and ate their food, occasionally feeding each other.

That night, they cuddled in bed all night, neither of them being able to sleep. Taylor's eyes formed sorrowful tears and she allowed one to slip out and roll down her cheek. She didn't like feeling so vulnerable, but she felt safe whenever Karlie was by her side. "Tay?" Karlie asked, looking over at her lover in the dark room. "Yeah?" Taylor sniffed, trying to hide the fact that she was crying. "What's wrong?" Karlie asked, reaching over to wipe the tear from Taylor's cheek. "I'm going to miss you so much." Taylor said honestly, trying hard to not cry again. "Oh honey, it's going to be okay. I'm only going to be there for three days." Karlie said, holding Taylor close to her. Taylor cried into Karlie's shoulder and eventually calmed down. The two lovers fell asleep in each other's arms, desperate to hold onto each other and never let go.