Chapter Five: The Show- Part 2

Taylor

We heard a knock at my dressing room door. "Karlie, there you are!" A tall woman said. "Girls, it's time to get into costumes and any makeup touch ups should be done after you're in costumes." She told us. We both nodded. "Thank you." I said, giving her a kind smile. She closed the door and we heard her footsteps indicating that she had walked away. "I'm so nervous." I said softly to Karlie. I looked down and started playing with my fingers. Karlie put her fingers under my chin gently and slowly lifted my head so I was looking at her. "Taylor. You'll do fantastic, trust me." Karlie replied softly, her eyes twinkling as she smiled at me. "Thanks Karls, you're the best." I replied with a smile. She hugged me and her lips brushed the side of my face, making my heart skip a beat, which only increased my nerves. "I've gotta go get into my first costume, but I know you'll be amazing as always." Karlie said, smiling once again at me. I smiled back and stood up, offering my hand to her. She took my hand in hers and I helped her off the couch we had been sitting on. She hugged me once more. "Don't be nervous Tay. You'll do great." She said, trying to reassure me one more time. She leaned in and kissed my cheek softly before releasing my hand and giving me one last smile before walking out of the door. My heart fluttered and my hand touched the spot where her lips had been. A smile never leaving my face, I got into my British Invasion dress and walked backstage.

~~~

The show had gone so amazingly. All of our hard work had payed off and everyone did an amazing job. Karlie gave me another pep talk before I first went on and gave me a good luck hug. My nerves had faded when the show actually started and it was so much fun. I waited backstage after changing out of my dress and into my dress for the after party. I was waiting for Karlie to get changed so we could walk to the after party. I hadn't seen her since the show ended.

Karlie walked into the main backstage area and I ran up to her and threw my arms around her in a big hug. "Tay, you did amazing! I told you that you would!" Karlie said, pulling away from the hug. "You did amazing too Kar. Now, c'mon, the after party awaits!" I giggled, holding my hand out to her. She gladly took my hand and we walked to the car that would bring us to the after party.

~~~
There's part 2 of the show! I hope you guys are enjoying my fanfic so far! Chapter 6 should be up later tonight, or tomorrow if I don't have time tonight.

Kate💕