Chapter 24

Karlie

Josh led me away from the table Taylor and I had been seated at. I haven't heard from him or seen him since we ended things. We were on good terms to my knowledge and things were going so well in my life right now.

Josh stopped when we were in the entry way of the restaurant far away from anyone else. He looked at me and gave a small smile. "I've missed you Kar." He says, looking at me. "I've missed you too josh. How have things been?" I asked. I haven't really been all that into his business career but I figured I'd be polite and ask him. "Pretty well, you?" He asks. Small talk has always been awkward, but seeing him so suddenly is kind of weird. "Very good." I say, thinking of me and Taylor and our little baby who is hopefully with us. "I've been thinking, and I really miss you. I know I haven't been the greatest boyfriend but I just really want you back. I miss you Kar." Josh says, looking into my eyes. "That's sweet of you josh, but you know I'm with Taylor. I'm really happy with how we've been going and I just don't think I could-" he cut me off with a kiss. I was shocked and didn't know how to react and I just stood there. My lips wouldn't move and I couldn't do anything but stand there with wide eyes. He pulled back and I was just in shock. "I love you Karlie. I want you back." Josh says, standing to close for comfort. "I-I....I can't." I say and run away into the bathroom and I slide down the wall and cry, my head in my hands. 'What have I done?' I think to myself, tears streaming down my face making a pool of sorrowful tears in my hands. 'I let him kiss me and I didn't push him back. How could I betray Taylor like that?' I just continue to cry and cry, ignoring people who walk into the bathroom asking if I'm okay. The door opens again and the person just stands there. "Karlie?" I look up at my name and see Taylor standing there looking confused. I just put my head in my hands and continue to cry even harder. "Kar, what's wrong baby?" Taylor asks, coming to sit next to me and wrap her arms around me. I just cried in her arms, unable to do much else. "Shh, you're okay Karlie." Taylor cooed, rocking me back and forth. I shook my head. "Settle down Kar, please. I don't like seeing you like this." Taylor said. After a while my cries got quieter and eventually stopped. "Okay, so what happened?" Taylor asked once I was quiet and calm. "I-I...It's nothing." I couldn't tell Taylor about Josh kissing me. She's possibly carrying our child, it would break her if she found out. "What do you mean? I found you hysterically crying on the floor in here, it can't be nothing Karlie." Taylor said seriously. I knew she was confused, but what she doesn't know doesn't hurt her. "I-it's just hormones." I say, which is clearly a lie. "Kar, I'm the one carrying the baby." Taylor says in a low voice. "If either of us has crazy hormones." She adds. I sigh, still avoiding eye contact with Taylor. "Okay, it's not hormones. I'm just worried about the baby. What if I mess up?" I ask honestly, truly afraid if I don't do well with the baby. "Karlie." Taylor starts softly. She lifts my head up gently by placing two fingers under my chin. When our eyes meet, she continues. "You're the sweetest, most loving and caring person I know. Our baby will love you and I know that. Please don't be nervous. We're in this together." Taylor finishes and takes my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers. "Thanks Taylor. I love you." I say, smiling at her. "We love you too." I reruns in the background. Taylor's head is on Karlie's chest and Karlie has an arm wrapped protectively around Taylor's shoulders and one hand placed gently on Taylor's stomach under her shirt. Karlie strokes Taylor's stomach lovingly and Taylor sighs happily, completely relaxing and allowing her eyes to shut. A ringing of Taylor's phone on the bedside table rings, breaking the tender, love filled moment between the pair. Taylor sighs and reaches over to grab the phone. She takes a quick look at the screen to see who's calling before answering the phone with a smile. "Hi mom." Taylor answers happily. "Hi Taylor, how are you doing? I haven't heard from you in a while, so I wanted to check and see how things were going." Taylor's mom, Andrea Swift, replies. "I'm good, how are things in Nashville?" Taylor asks. "Pretty good. I was just wondering if you and Karlie wanted to come down for the weekend? Your father, brother and I would love to see you both." Andrea asks kindly. Taylor looks up at Karlie, picking her head up off of the younger girl's chest to meet her eyes. "Babe? Do you want to visit my family over the weekend?" Taylor asks her girlfriend. "I'd love that! It sounds wonderful!" Karlie says, smiling sweetly at the older girl. Taylor confirms when they will arrive and all the little details for the stay and hangs up the phone. "Let's go finish dinner." Taylor says, taking Karlie's hand and helping her off the ground. "Taylor, wait. I lied about being scared. Kind of." Karlie says after she's on her feet. "What do you mean?"
"I-I am scared to be a mother, but that's not why I was crying. It was Josh. He kissed me and I didn't stop him." Karlie comes clean. "Oh, Karlie. Don't worry about it. I...I'm just glad you told me. But I'm not mad or anything, at least not at you." Taylor says, kissing the girl's lips lightly before leading her out to their table.

_____
Not the best chapter, guys, but I owe you guys a new chapter of this. I'll be starting to continue this story again, along with my other one, Stay With Me. I hope you guys stick with me and continue liking this story. And if you haven't checked out my other one, I'd love it if you guys would.

💜💜k.