Chapter 2

Little Recap: BASICALLY JAKE IS CHEATIN ON MY POOR BABY ZANDER 😔😾 WITH HAILEY HIS STEP SISTER. ZANDER CAUGHT THEM IN THE JANITORS CLOSET BEING LOVEY DOVEY 💕😓 THEN MY POOR BAE ZANDY IS HEART BROKEN 💔 (IMMA KILL JAKE LATER DW ☠️)HE RUNS TO THE BATHROOM 🏃🏻‍♂️ AND LUKE IS LIKE "WHERE IS U 🤪?". ZANDY IS LIKE "IN THE BATHROOM CRYING LMAO 😹". LUKE IS LIKE "K KOOL COMING BAE <3😍". "TEEHEE OK 🙈". THATS THE RECAP 😛 THATS TOTALLY WHAT HAPPENED 😀. ALSO THIS CHAPTER WILL FINALLY INCLUDE SOME LANDER 😏.

***
Zander's Pov

"Zander? Are you in here?"

Soon the stall door opens.

"You never learn how to knock do you Luke?" I let out a small chuckle

"I guess I don't" he says with a small smile as he sits down next to me on the bathroom floor.

"So what happened Zander? You know I don't like to see you cry". Luke says as he wipes my tear.

"Jake he-" I couldn't finish my sentence and just broke down. Soon Luke's arms surround me.

"Shh I'm right here we can talk about it later."

"Can we stay like this for a bit longer?" I say while sniffling.

"Sure anything for you Zander."

My eyes flutter and soon I'm sound asleep, surrounded by Luke's warmth.

***
Luke's Pov

What the hell did Jake do? His eyes where bloodshot red when I came into the stall. My heart flutters every time he's close by, that small smile that I love soon is plastered on his face while he drifts away. Making my cheeks burn like the sun.

I sigh realizing he would only be my best friend and moments like these would just be something apart of that package. That word, "best friend" hurt me to my very core as I knew I we could only be that.

I should know better than to fall for my friend especially my childhood best friend. I can remember the day we met like it was yesterday.

I look at Zander and how perfect he is when he gets angry over Milly, Sean, and I playing pranks on him. And how happy he looks while playing the piano. Even when he looks at Jake, I'm forever envious of that look.

I've had to keep my feelings for him bottled up since middle school, but as soon as I had the courage to confess to him he told me Jake and him started dating. They looked so happy, I couldn't ruin that for them. And either way it was for the best. I didn't want to ruin our friendship which I love dearly.

Even if it hurt me to see Zander being with Jake I knew it made him happy. So as long as Jake made him happy I was okay. I mean I tried dating other people to get over Zander but it never worked. I would only have eyes for him and I knew that.

Soon I became tired. As my eyes became heavy, I drift asleep with Zander in my arms. In that moment I was happy. Zander was safe, and I was able to hold him close.

***
Zander's Pov

"Zander, come on wake up" I hear Luke say as he shakes me gently awake.

"Did we both sleep in the bathroom stall? What time is it?".

Luke looked down and turned red. What is he looking at? I see that we're holding hands. I panic and quickly let go of his hand. Silence filled the bathroom.

"So uh- we should get going Zander it's late i'll be surprised if the school gates aren't closed yet".

"Oh yeah totally let's go."

The walk to the school gate was silent not an awkward silence more of a comfortable silence. We've cuddled before yet it was different this time? Maybe it was because I was so vulnerable and he was just there for me.

After 5 minutes or so of silence we finally got to the school gate.

"So Luke wanna stay over you know like old times i'll even rent the Notebook" I say with a smile.

"THE NOTEBOOK?! I mean- Sure sounds fun" I let out a small chuckle at his response.

That dork is still embarrassed to say he likes the Notebook.

"Well let's get going before it gets dark hurry"

I take a deep breath and prepare to face Hailey since the little 'incident' that happened after school. I grab my keys and open the door.

"Hey Zander, we need to talk".

"I don't think we do Hailey, and if I will be ready to talk when I'm ready. Frankly I don't know when that will be".

Silence soon fills the room.

"Look Hailey, if you weren't family and I wasn't being mature about this I would slap you across the face right now".

She opens her mouth trying to say something but it seems like the words couldn't come out.

"Now let's go to my room Luke" I say as I grab his hand and walk to my bedroom.

As we go inside my room I lock the door. Making sure no one was nearby to listen to what I was gonna say.

Luke looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Luke I didn't invite you to watch the Notebook I need to ask you something".

"Zander you're scaring me what is it?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

***

Word Count: 1050 words

A/N A CLIFFHANGER? YOU PROBABLY ARE ASKING RN. IK IM SORRY BUT IT WILL MAKE SENSE NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE ALSO THANK FOR 95 READS. THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST CHAPTERS ILL PROBABLY MAKE YET I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!! ALSO COULD YOU MAYBE VOTE ON MY STORY I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH ANYWAYS BYE BAD BITCHES LOVE Y'ALL 😛😛.