Chapter 1

***
*Zander's POV*

As I make my way to practice I couldn't help but hear a sudden voice from afar.

"Jake stop we can't do this anymore. Look it's either you break up with him or it's over. I can't do this to him anymore, I really like you but I can't." a women's voice says.

Jake? I shake my head in disbelief. It can't be my boyfriend right? Surely not. The voice sounded too familiar to not be curious.

I move closer to the voice and stumble into the door of the janitor's closet? What the? I put my ear against the door to try to listen in.

"Come on Hailey, we both know I can't do that it would crush him." Jake says.

"No I just can't do this anymore, I feel horrible." she says.

Hailey? My very own sister and my boyfriend? No- this can't be happening. I put my hand on the handle and opened the door.

"Jake?" I say as I see them. My mind was foggy. How could Jake do this to me? Suddenly anger overwhelms me.

"What the actual hell Jake! You and my step sister? And I can't believe you Hailey, we're supposed to be family!!" I yell loudly even the people in the hallway could hear me but I didn't care.

Silence slowly fills the room. "How long?"

"3 Months" Jake mutters.

"You piece of shit..."

"Zander I can explain-" Jakes says. I run off before he could. Tears filling my eyes, my vision blurry. Soon tears are rolling down my cheeks as I hear both Jake and Hailey yell my name. I ran to the bathroom a crying mess everyone stared at me but I didn't care. I quickly went into a stall and cried for what seemed forever.

I get a notification. I pick up my phone to see who it is.

——————————————
2 Missed Calls From "Luke 🧡"
6 Texts From "Luke 🧡"
——————————————

"Oh shit-" I mutter to myself. Trying to wipe my tears. But they kept coming down. How did I not hear the calls and messages before?

————————————————
Luke 🧡
———————————————

Hey Zander where are you??
Are you coming to practice?
Hello!?
Zander this isn't funny pick up the phone
Jake and Hailey came in and they're acting weird did something happen?
Are you ok? You're never late

I'm in the bathroom on the 2nd floor near the math classrooms please come
read

————————————————

Minutes later I hear a voice.

"Zander? Are you in here?"

Soon the stall door opens.

"You never learn how to knock do you Luke?" I let out a small chuckle

"I guess I don't" he says with a small smile as he sits down next to me on the bathroom floor.

***

Word Count: 706 Words

A/N
HELLO ITS ME EL (AGAIN) sorry this chapter was shorter than i wanted it to be I want to make shorter chapters and publish them faster. And honestly with my schedule with school it works perfectly for me. I will try to publish another chapter later this week possibly Friday. And I will try to make a longer chapter when i can. Writing is so fun and making them longer can be a hassle. Also THANK YOU FOR 20 READS i know it's not much but it means the world to me this is my very first book and i didn't think anyone would read it so it kinda shocked me. ALSO WERE #9 IN MUSIC FREAKS SHNDNDN. OMG IM SO GRATEFUL. Again this is my first book so it won't be the best but i still hope you like the story as it unfolds.

 Again this is my first book so it won't be the best but i still hope you like the story as it unfolds