20. Arjun's Doubts

NOTE: Yaaayyy!!! I am back!!! Isolation and Quarantine sucks but it gave me a lot of time to think about the direction of this story. So yes, I welcome you again to this wonderful ride of emotions and fun. Thank you so much guys for all your comments in these 14 days. Especially Aisj23- This one is for you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun was shooting arrow after arrow in the archery range. He was thinking about the conversation he had with Subhadra some time back.

As Karn had said, Subhadra found Arjun in the Archery range with immense concentration and a lot of broken pots. She went towards him.

"I don't want to speak to anyone", Arjun said not turning around.

"I didn't come to speak", she said.

Arjun turned around at the female voice but continued with his archery and Subhadra stood watching him in silence. After few minutes of immense silence, "How did you find me?", Arjun asked.

"Got a little hint from Angaraj Karn", Subhadra said. Arjun looked at her in anger. "Really? He punished me and then he sent you here?", he asked.

"For starters 'Go to your room' is not a punishment. It is his way of saving you from your anger", She said.

"Why does he have to save me? I am not some damsel in distress", Arjun sulked.

"Yeah yeah you are not a damsel in distress. But you are little bit of a drama queen", she said with a smirk.

Arjun rolled his eyes, "You came here to comfort me or to tease me?", he asked.

"A bit of both", Subhadra replied with a giggle. Arjun went back to shooting arrows. "Are you not going to stop and take some rest?", Subhadra asked.

"No! Archery is my stressbuster. I don't get tired because of it. I will stop when I feel like it", he replied.

"So what are you stressed about?", she asked.

"I am not stressed. I am so angry. Am angry at Jayadrath for saying such a comment and escaping with it", Arjun spit out breaking the last pot in the archery range. He then came near Subhadra, "What kind of a son am I?", he asked.

"The good kind", Subhadra said taking his hand and leading him to a bench.

"A good son will have severed his head then and there if someone bad mouthed his mother. But what did I do? I let a guy come in between and stop me", Arjun vented out.

"Wait a sec- you are angry that Angaraj stopped you?", Subhadra asked surprised.

"Ofcourse yes! Who the hell is he to stop me? Whyyy?", Arjun asked.

"He is the one who saved you", she said.

"What are you talking about?", asked a tired Arjun.

"Don't you see it? You raised your weapon on a friendly meet. The punishment for that is EXILATION. Have you ever read the code of conduct? He saved you from exilation coz I am pretty sure if everyone knew that you had raised your weapon against Sindhuraj no matter what the cause was, he would have urged the minister to send you into exile. So yes Angaraj Karn saved you", Subhadra explained.

It was then everything dawned on Arjun as his anger subdued.

"Dammit", he said rubbing his forehead.

"Finally!!", Subhadra said, "The message got through the dumb prince's head"

"You are teasing me so much", Arjun pouted.