eight

░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░—░

You can't choose who you love. If you could, maybe none of this would have happened.

If Chris could've chosen who he loved, and still loves, he would have chosen somebody his parents approved of. After all, that's what everybody wants. To please their parents, right?

But he couldn't. He couldn't choose who he fell in love with. He of course could've pretended to be interested in somebody else, but he couldn't even think of it.

Christian loved Spencer.

But it was obvious to Christian that Spencer didn't love him the same. Wouldn't it hurt more to leave the person you love? So, the only logical explanation was that he didn't love Christian, and he never had.

Christian wouldn't know. Maybe Spencer had loved him at one point, maybe not.

Maybe if Christian could choose who he loves, his parents would still be alive. He wouldn't have been kicked out, and maybe, just maybe, that would have changed something.

But he wouldn't know.

Maybe this was God's way of punishing Christian for everything he did. He didn't know what he did of course, but maybe it was punishment for it.

What could Chris could've possibly done wrong to deserve the pain?

He never had any real friends until the age of 12, he always had to be the perfect child, he was kicked out at 17, and when his life had finally started to get better, it all came crashing down. The love of his life, or who he thought was going to be, left. The person he was going to ask to be his fiancé had left a week before he could. When Christian finally got his life back on track, after many AA meetings and counseling sessions, he thought, maybe the suffering was over, at least for now. But no.

Carpal tunnel syndrome brought Christian to have to stop dancing for months. But after that, he had it good for 2 years running his studio.

Then, the brunet's parents died, and a ghost from the past came back.

If Christian could choose who he loved, maybe none of it would have happened. But Chris wouldn't wish for that.

Christian loves Spencer.

///