Killian passes out copies of the map. "Stay alert, watch where you step, non-fighters are in charge," He commands, and they all nod, like these are typical instructions, and I wonder how many times they do activities like this together.

Knox and I begin heading to the Northern part of the territory, and he's quiet as we walk.

"I know you don't like me," I tell him as we push through the trees.

He glances at me momentarily before refocusing his eyes on the ground. "I don't dislike you, Katrina," He says lowly. "I don't trust you. There's a difference."

"Any particular reason, or is it just because I'm a Seer?" I ask inquisitively, not really all that bothered, only curious.

Knox sighs. "Katrina, it's not personal. But our circulus is fine the way it is. We don't need an outsider, and no offense, I have no reason to trust you. For all we know, you're a part of whatever group is targeting Crimson Shadow wolves. Killian may trust you blindly, but I won't."

Tough, but fair. Knox seems to be the responsible one of the group, and he's smart for not trusting an outsider. Especially when Seers always have ulterior motives and hidden secrets.

Knox holds the map out in front of him, and pauses. "Here," He says, and kicks a rock at a trap, sending the silver netting flying up.

He pulls out a long blade, and throws it at the wiring holding the net up to the tree, cutting it down. Knox retrieves the knife, dusting dirt off of it.

"Your dad gave that to you before he passed," I note. "He loved you a lot."

"Don't read me, Katrina," He warns, his eyes darkening.

I shrug. "Can't help it."

Knox and I continue to dismantle traps, and he's careful about keeping his distance from me. After we take down the last one, we begin to head back to the others.

On our way back, Knox is about to take another step when I yell, "Stop!" and tackle him into the ground. He scowls, shoving me off of him.

"Don't touch me again, Seer," He warns, standing up and glaring at me.

I roll my eyes and toss a rock where he was going to step, and another trap shoots up into the trees.

"You're welcome," I mutter after cutting it down.

Knox stares up at the trap. "You helped me," He says in surprise.

"Again, you're welcome," I say under my breath. Maybe him getting trapped would give him an attitude check.

"Why won't you go to the Mating Gathering?" Knox finally asks as we continue walking. "Killian told us that you wouldn't be attending."

"Oh, now you care if I help?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

Knox shrugs. "I just find it suspicious that you won't go. You're unmated, and if you want to help as much as you claim, you would go to see if you have any visions while meeting people there. I'm sure someone from another pack is involved."

I abruptly halt my walking. "You think I'm not going to the Mating Gathering because I'm involved?"

Knox stares at me, his dark brown eyes issuing an unspoken challenge. "Got a better reason?"

I laugh coldly. "Oh, Knox. You're wrong about a lot, but especially this. Did Killian tell you that I have indeed found my mate?"

Knox looks surprised by this information, and for a moment, I was surprised too, because Killian hadn't told them.

"My mate is the Alpha of Blue Moon. He got my sister pregnant and made her his Luna. Any more questions about why I won't be attending?" I question, my voice harsh.

Knox's eyes bulge out of his head. "Katrina, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Obviously," I mutter, walking ahead of him, desperate to get back to the others already.

Knox jogs, catching up to me. "I really am sorry," He says, his voice low. "Killian didn't tell us about that."

I just shrug, ignoring him, and walking faster.

"Katrina, wait," He says desperately, and grabs my wrist. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm being such an asshole. I'm just... on edge about all of the missing wolves."

"It's fine," I say, my voice short as I yank my hand back.

We walk in silence for a little longer, until Knox breaks it. "The first wolf taken was the Gamma. He's one of my closest friends. I just... We have to get him back."

His words surprise me. Killian hadn't mentioned that his Gamma was taken. "Jae's mate is one of the wolves that got taken?" I ask in shock. I had no idea.

Knox frowns. "You didn't know?"

I shake my head slightly. "She... didn't say. My Sight showed me that they were mates, not that he was one of the ones taken. Jae... she doesn't seem... I mean, she's not..."

Knox chuckles, the first time I've ever seen him amused. "Jae would never show her pain, but... She's struggling with it. We all are. They all were hoping that with you coming here, we would have found them by now."

His words deeply affect me. I usually hate pressure, hate having things like this on my shoulder. It makes me weaker, makes my Sight stronger.

Knowing that Jae's mate was one of the wolves stolen made the situation seem much more real. Sometimes my Sight makes me dissociate from matters, makes it seem less real in order to protect me from reality, help me distance myself from the situation.

We get meet up with the rest of the wolves, having been the last ones to dismantle the traps. We cross out all of the ones on the map we found, and I can sense that all of the wolves feel much more relieved now that most of the traps were out of the way.

Killian tells them that we'll meet up again tomorrow for training and discuss what the next steps are. He takes my hand and pulls me into the in between, and we land into my bedroom.

"You should rest," Killian says, glancing at my hand.

I nod. The wolfsbane is still in my system, making me weaker and more tired than usual.

Killian is about to leave when I grab his wrist. "Wait," I say hesitantly, and he raises his eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell me that Jae's mate was one of the ones taken?"

He shrugs. "I didn't think it would matter to you. You don't much seem to care about my circulus."

I bite the inside of my cheek, knowing I shouldn't say what I'm going to say next. "I'll go," I say quietly. "To the Gathering. I can't promise I'll See anything useful but..."

Killian pulls me in for a hug, and I'm so surprised, I don't shove him away.

"Thank you, Katrina," He whispers into the crook of my neck.

And then he disappears.

That night, my stomach knots in anxiety and I toss and turn, unable to rest.

Because I'm going to have to see my mate again.

Nobody does drama like Vvity😎