Chapter 2

It's the triple update for me.

I blink twice. "Spoils of war?" I repeat, not understand what the hell the irritating Alpha is blathering on about.

"Yes, Katrina, spoils of war," Killian says slowly, like I'm a moron. "It's the compensation someone receives for aiding in a war effort."

"I know what it means," I snap at him, and his grin only widens. "What the fuck am I doing here? Surely you can transfer land without me being here to witness it."

"I don't want land," Killian says simply. "I want you."

No. He couldn't possibly be implying that I'm his prize for fighting in the war over a year ago.

"Are you fucking stupid?" I ask lowly. Alpha Cole inhales sharply.

Killian pretends to think. "I don't believe so, no."

"I am not a fucking piece of land or artillery. You can't just come here and try to claim me as some sort of compensation," I hiss.

"Yes, he can," Alpha Cole says, giving me a warning look. "Iron Claw lost the war to Blood Lake. Blood Lake has confirmed that Crimson Shadow would receive reparations in the form of spoils of Alpha Killian's choosing."

"You can't be serious," I say in disbelief. Collecting spoils of war is an archaic tradition, rarely ever practiced in modern times, and when it is, it's always spoils of land or warriors.

"Deadly," Killian says, flashing his canines at me wickedly.

I lunge at his throat, but before my hands can wrap around his neck and throttle him, he disappears in thin air.

"Boo," I hear him whisper in my ear from behind me.

If it were anyone else, I would know where and when he would be somewhere, knowing exactly what he planned on doing. But since it's Killian, my Sight is an empty void of nothingness.

I twirl around and throw a fist at him, but he catches it easily. "Now, now, Katrina. It's very rude to assault an Alpha," He drawls, still grinning.

"I will kill you," I whisper, though I know the Alpha can hear me anyways.

"Katrina Parker!" Alpha Cole says in shock. "Apologize to Alpha Killian immediately."

Killian smiles at me expectantly, and I resist the urge to spit in his face.

"I'm very sorry, Alpha Killian," I say sweetly.

"Apology accep-"

The words come out of my mouth before I can stop them. "Sorry that it takes so long in the morning for you to get dressed while you try pulling a shirt over your fat head!"

Alpha Cole chokes and Killian lets out a loud laugh. "Oh my, am I going to enjoy having you in Crimson Shadow, darling," Killian says, his sapphire eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Over. My. Dead. Body."

"And what a lovely body that is, my dear," He says, waving his hand dismissively. "Although it would be unfortunate if I had to declare war on Iron Claw for not delivering my spoils."

I narrow my eyes at him. "You wouldn't."

His eyes glow. "Wouldn't I?" He asks softly, and without my Sight, I am completely unsure of what he would or would not do.

"Katrina would be happy to go to Crimson Shadow with you," Alpha Cole quickly says. "After all, it's only temporary, right?"

"Sure," Killian says flippantly, and Sight or no Sight, I know he will never let me leave.