Away from the main entrance, only the sound of Andrea's humming could be heard throughout the otherwise quiet halls of the facility. She was aware of the way many agents took to staring at her for the nonchalant action, whether it be in wonder or disdain. But, Andrea couldn't be bothered to take notice. She had a far more pressing matter to concern herself with.

Still, she couldn't help but reminisce. Andy recalled how awkward she'd first felt when walking these halls; like an imposter. It wasn't exactly a wolf in sheep's clothing scenario, but rather she felt like someone who had stumbled in by mistake and could no longer walk away. Not when so many expected so much more of her.

The first months after joining had been filled with an unshakeable anxiety. What if she didn't live up to expectations? She would never admit it to anyone now, but joining S.H.I.E.L.D. only felt right because she knew she owed it to them. Though, aside from her seemingly uncontrollable power, she still couldn't fathom what they saw in her that was special enough to recruit Andy as an ally rather than detain her as a threat.

However, after all the time she'd spent with them, Andrea was thankful for the opportunity to prove herself. She may have had a playful attitude and thought the zero tolerance for 'fooling around' was boring (hence the reason why most agents would have called her childish and immature, if given the chance.) But, she did her job and she did it well. Besides, most agents hadn't seen Andy on the field.

When she first started her training as both a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and an Avenger, she was taught the importance of each mission. She was to do everything she could to get the job done and ensure that everything was handled both safely and inconspicuously. On the field, during a job, Andrea was one of the best.

Her skills in demolition, infiltration, sharp-shooting, and hand-to-hand combat protected her against potential threats alongside her rather unique abilities. Those said abilities included the power of telekinesis, teleportation, and telekinetic energy blasts. Though, if she was honest, Andy found that they weren't quite as helpful as one would imagine. She generally strayed from using them as they wore down her physical energy and required intense concentration.

Regardless, it mattered little to her; she knew who she was, and that was one of the greats─ with or without her powers.

As the brunette rounded the corner to the waiting area, she was drawn out of her thoughts as Steve came into view. This was it; the one reason she had come into work on one of her rare days-off. He was sitting in a chair in the otherwise empty waiting room. Andy smiled at his knitted brow, furrowed in focus as he read the newspaper.

A grin grew on Andy's lips and her footsteps fastened into a run, "Steven!"

The Rogers man lifted his head and, at the sight of the female running full-speed ahead, his eyes widened. He rose, tossing the newspaper aside just as Andy catapulted herself towards him. Their arms widened at the same moment. Steve laughed as the impact sent him stumbling backwards, but his grip around Andrea was as safe and secure as her own.

"Hello to you, too." The female pulled back as he set her down, grin still fastened against her lips. Steve had been gone for weeks and, in that time alone, Andy had grown antsy and unruly without her partner in crime. If the Jones girl was the madness, Steve Rogers was the method. From the very instant they met, the connection was there.

Andrea could still remember the day they pulled him out of the ice and when he had woken up. Strangely enough, she was the only one capable of getting through to him, and was the only one with enough power to convince him to join the Avengers. It had been a decision that they both had yet to regret.

Andy sighed, "If you leave like that again, I might just have to find a replacement for you." The words held warning as the brunette gave the Roger's man a pointed look. But, if the smile on her lips were any indication, they both knew it was an empty threat.