06 ━ MEMORIES PT.1

DEMONS.
( chapter six. )

Edited 11/16/2017 @9:30 PMEdited 11/12/2018 @10:52 PM

Edited 11/12/2018 @10:52 PM

  IT WAS STRANGE.

Waking up was strange, in the sense that Andy felt nowhere near conscious. Everything looked real and the warm wind brushing faintly across her skin surely felt real. Yet, it wasn't─ not really. Her mind was foggy, something wasn't right. With every blink and turn, Andrea's motion felt slowed and her head swam with confusion.

She felt like there was something missing, like her mind was forgetting what had led her here. Andy couldn't focus on one thought. In her dismal awareness, a part of her knew better than to think too much. She let her gaze wander, studying this unfamiliar place she had come to arrive in. It was all aged and industrial.

If this was a dream, it was so oddly realistic. There was no other explanation for it. Everything looked like it had come straight out of an old movie scene, which felt wrong in the sense that Andy knew she wasn't meant to be here. She couldn't focus on why either, her attention seemed obscured by a sense of, not safety, but a familiarity she couldn't place.

Regardless, Andrea wasn't sure if she wanted to know how she knew she was dreaming, or why it had brought her here. Still, the confusion wasn't lost on the female. Her eyes scanned the abandoned area. She was standing in the middle of the street, so where was everyone?

Unbidden, anxiety struck Andrea like a freight train. It was as if sense had returned to her in one blinding moment. She couldn't be lulled into a false security, that wasn't how she was trained. What in the fresh hell was going on? How and why was she here─ in a land so close to reality it felt like living memory?

Thoughts kept firing at her like a torrent of waves and it did nothing to ease her panic. But, above all, she had to know; what was it that made her feel so trapped?

Andy turned at the sound of sudden laughter, hope springing to her chest. But, she soon found herself faltering as her gaze landed on a girl standing on a nearby street. Her heart stuttered to a stop. If she didn't know that laugh, then she knew the face that stared back at her. It was the same face that had been in the mirror only a day prior, in the comfort of Andrea's home.

This wasn't a mere matter of close resemblance either, and it was no coincidence. The longer she stared at the her, Andy was quick to notice the little-to-no difference between herself and the vision who stood before her. The fitted, old dress couldn't hide that regardless of time or fashion, this girl standing only a few feet away was a near mirror-image of Andrea Claire Jones.