“Gadhi, thoda aur koshish kar leti uthane ki” he muttered, smiling at his lovelorn reflection.  

He finished freshening up and called her again.

No answer.

“yaar itna kya busy hona?” he sulked “Preeti ka hi toh office hai” he kept calling her non stop hoping she would answer each time.

After countless calls, a few cigarettes and 12 cups of coffee by lunch time, his phone finally chimed.

He answered in the first ring, wanting to rant at her for not waking him up but she beat him to that.

“56 Missed calls” she exclaimed “Ki hoya putt? Tu theek toh hai?” she asked.

“Ki hoya putt” he mimicked her, modulating his voice into a softer tone like hers.

“Utha nahi sakti thi mujhe? Aise hi chali gayi? He barked into the phone.

“Achha? Subah 7.00 baje se tujhe utha utha ke thakk gayi. Kasam lage, pata nahi chala tu so raha hai ya marr gaya hai. Matlab itni gehri neend? she complained

“Tere chakkar mein mujhe late ho jata. Isliye nikal gayi main, Paras ne drop kiya mujhe” she said.

“Chal woh chhod, call kar raha hu kabse, phone toh utha hi sakti thi na?” he started again

“Arre baby samajh na, mera first day hai aaj, induction tha HR ke sath” she explained.

“tu bachho se bhi baccha ban jata hai kabhi kabhi, Sidharth” Shehnaaz admonished his tantrums.

“Accha bata tune breakfast khaya? Tera favourite Spanish omlette banane ko bola tha Sam aunty ko maine” though she was running with the clocks pace this morning, she made sure she had all his things organized, not wanting to spoil his mood in the morning.

She loved taking care of him, doing things for him.

Without answering Sidharth disconnected the call, making her sigh in despair.

But her phone fired up again with an incoming video call.

She answered with a smile as she saw his poker face on the screen. Sidharth was just staring at his Plum.

She looked beautiful.

Straight hair, soft pink lips, naturally blushing pink cheeks and a thin line of kajal.

That was just what she required to look like an absolute stunner.

From the small window of the screen he could see, she was wearing the baby blue formal top they had brought at Zara yesterday.

“U look gorgeous my love” he crooned blowing a kiss at her.

“And you look like a ganda baccha jo abhi bhi neend mein hi hai. 1.30 bajj gaye hai kucchu, tu nahaya bhi nahi abhi tak?” she whined looking at his stubbled face.

“Main utha, running ki, breakfast bhi kar liya, book padhne ki nakaam koshish ki kyuki tujhe call karne mein laga hua tha, bohot saari coffee bhi pi. Ok mummy?” he teased her shaking his head.

“Aur cigarette? Woh toh pura packet pi gaya hoga tu abhi tak. Hai na?” she pursed her lips, angrily.

He flashed the pack of smoke open, showing just two remaining sticks in it.

Shehnaaz let out a loud gasp making him laugh.

“baby ek din purana packet hai. Chill” he winked.

“Anyway, hows ur first day at work? Having fun?” he asked as she excitedly went on to show him her cubicle tagged Shehnaaz Kaur Gill.

“Whoaaaa baby is on roll today. M so happy for you jaan. Ghar pe baat hui tere mom dad se? bataya unko? He asked.

“Nahi abhi karungi, pehle tujhe kiya. Mann nahi lag raha tere bina, mujhe bich bich mein Shehnaaaaaaaazzzz sunai de raha hai, jaise tu chillata hai hamesha” she chuckled warming his heart unknowingly.

The missing part was mutual, but the fact that she thought of him before his family, made his heart flutter.

“Tune lunch kiya?” he asked concerned.

“Abhi nahi, Preeti di ne kaha unke sath lunch karna hai, woh meeting mein busy hai abhi” Shehnaaz turned to Preeti’s cabin, but was disheartened to find her busy.

“baby tu preeti ke liye wait karti rahegi na, woh pagal bhuka maar degi tujhe. She is a workaholic of the next level” he snapped.

“Nahi theek hai main wait karti hu. Chal bye.” She went but he spoke again

“Main shaam ko aata hu pick karne. Akeli mat aa” Sidharth stated.

“Nahi puttu sun, main Gunni ko milne wali hu Shaam ko. Usko milke apne aap chali aaungi. Aur ab iss baat pe chik chik mat kar pls. Bye” She snubbed him and disconnected.

Her missing presence, left him feeling like a hollow being carved inside him.

Sidharth shut himself in his writing room, working on the final few changes before it goes into edit.

He was done with the manuscript, but there were still a few months to go until editing, production and printing happens and his book finally reaches the racks.

He already had a few offers for script and screenplay which he was considering.

The months ahead promised a hell lot of work and exciting offers, and with Shehnaaz by his side, it was going to be double the pleasure.

He smiled to himself and took a deep breath, before diving into his manuscript, desperately awaiting her to return. 

_____________________________________________

Please touch the star and vote for me if you like this chapter. Do comment and let me know ur review of my story and this chapt.

Lots of love to all of you

Sidnaazkidiwani

Hamesha Wala Pyaar (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें