Chapter 67

The Lightning flashed in the pitch black night sky over his apartment as Yugi slept a very light sleep. He kept tossing and turning in his bed as he struggled to sleep with everything that was going on. The storm kept him half awake, and the nightmare he had been having didn't help at all.

---

Yugi stood in a long hallway, doors lining the walls on either side of him. He had no idea which door to go through, and couldn't make out any decision.

Suddenly, a bright light began to gleam brightly from all the way, far down the hall. A figure stood in front of it, a voice crying out to him.

"Yugi..." It said in a slightly pained voice, "I'm so sorry..."

Yugi paled at the voice. The silhouette was completely dark and had the outline of Yami's muscular body and spiked hair. He began to run toward the figure, shaking his head.

"Y-Yami!!" He shouted back, hoping the figure stopped, but his hope was for naught, "P-Please! Wait!"

The figure only looked at him, staring him straight in the face. He said nothing until the light began to bright, causing Yugi to shield his eyes from the growing beam. He still ran, though. And he wasn't going to stop in his tracks now.

"Yugi..." The voice replied, deeply saddened and having a weak hint in it, "I can't do this anymore...it's far too much...but...I love you...don't forget that...Aibou..."

The figure turned his back to him, the light pulsing now, and the silhouette still as dark as it had ever been. Yugi sprinted, panting as he struggled to catch up to Yami, but with every step he took, it seemed as though he only got farther away from him. Hd seemed a forever away, and Yugi found it hard to catch up to him.

"YAMI!! NO!" Yugi screamed at the top of his lungs.

There was no reply, but a single phrase that Yami muttered to him.

"I leave you now...in safe hands..."

Yugi skid to a stop, his eyes wide and full of tears as he watched the figure in the light. The light seemed to brighten and from the figure's back, long and majestic wings sprouted, fluttering.

Yugi shook his head, not able to understand any of this.

The figure began to hover over the ground, his feet dangling just mere inches over the ground. He looked back, a pair of glowing, dark red eyes peered at him through the darkness.

Those eyes pierced through Yugi's soul and awakened a part of him he had forgotten completely about. It had been forever since he last cried.

He never allowed himself to, so he locked that part of himself away and never used it.

"Goodbye..." The figure whispered his way, "...My Aibou..."

Yugi skidded to a stop and collapsed to his knees. He couldn't believe any of this. He watched the figures of the one he loved most turn and begin fading to the light, leaving him forever.

Yugi buried his face in his hands, slightly hyperventilating. He shook his head, back and forth and back and forth.

"N-No!!" He shouted, but the figure just flapped its wings further and increased his height from the ground, going higher and gaming her until he was just a speak in the sky above him.

Yugi sobbed, unable to contain all of his tears anymore.

"Y-YAMIIIII!! PLEASE!!! C-COME BACK!!"

And unable to take it anymore, Yugi screamed, his tears finally falling down his cheeks after so long of being forced away. He threw his head back and sobbed loudly, letting every single tear from the last few months slip away.

---

"AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

Yugi quickly sat up after jerking himself awake from that awful nightmare that he had been dreading for night after night. This was the fifteenth time he had this dream, and it had become more and more frequent as he became more worried about his Mou Hitori.

Panting, he held his head in his hands. It wasn't even sun up, and it was 3 in the morning. He had work tomorrow, so he had to put his head reluctantly back on the pillow and he had to close his eyes.

He felt the tears from his dream come to him and he wrapped his arms around his knees and buried his face. He then proceeded to just sit there and cry.

"Y-Yami..." He muttered, shaking through his many sobs, "I-I...I am so sorry..."

Suddenly, the telephone rung. Yugi was taken by surprise by this, and considered not picking up, but because it was really early in the morning and no one was supposed to be up.

"Who could that be, anyway?" He muttered, looking over to see the caller ID.

His eyes scanned the phone and found the caller to be Mana. Hm, big surprise. The last couple of nights, she called about depressing matters. And they would usually be talking about Yami. Yugi couldn't right now. He had a dreading feeling that Yami might have died and Mana was calling to break the bad news.

So he sat, refusing to pick up the phone.

Riiiiing!

Riiiiing!

Riiiiing!

The phone just wouldn't stop ringing! Yugi sighed upon realizing that he was gonna have to answer to make the phone stop ringing. It was almost as though something was trying to make him listen. So he reluctantly reached over and picked up the phone, still slightly worked up from the dream.

"H-Hello?" He said, his voice shaky from his crying as he tried to make it sound as though he had just woke up although he had been up.

"Y-Yugi!!!" An extremely cheerful voice came across the phone and Yugi pictured a bouncy and bubbly Mana speaking to him, "You need to get up here right now!"

Yugi shifted in his bed, turning to let his legs dangle off the side of the bed as he talked. He tilted his head.

"It's almost midnight, Mana." He said, "What's so important right now?"

"Come on, Yugi!!" She pressed, her bubbly aura successfully reaching him over the phone, "You gotta come! Someone wants to see you!"

Yugi was slightly surprised by her comment.

Someone wanted to see him?

But...who?

"Who wants to see me?" Yugi asked, eyeing the phone and the girl on the other side of the line.

"Just come! He's missed you so much, Yugi!" She said, pulling the phone away from her ear, "Don't keep him waiting!"

And without a mother word from either Yugi nor she, she hung up and left Yugi alone to himself with all of his questions.

Who wanted to see him?

Why at this time?

Why was this so important?

"Oh Mana..." Yugi muttered, standing and stretching.

"I have no choice, don't I?"