Chapter 6

No One's POV

Killer looked around at the worried faces in front of him, dreading this conversation.

Nightmare stood up, his eyes full of malice. "Killer. What happened to Dust?" He looked down and his eyes softened at the sight of Dust. He looked to Horror and nodded to Dust. Horror stood up, his eyes full of worry, and took Dust from Killer. He sat back down and set Dust in his lap. Cross stood up and left quickly to grab healing gel and bandages.

Killer looked up at Nightmare and let out the breath he hadn't even known he was holding. "There's a virus in Storyshift, and it broke the power limiter on Chara. They caught Dust in a small clearing in the woods. He didn't stand a chance. Chara got the drop on him, so he was already at a disadvantage. I wasn't with him. I was in Waterfall." He looked to Horror who was holding gently onto the frail form that was Dust. "...I'm sorry..."

Nightmare looked over as Cross walked back in with healing gel, bandages and a few other things they would need. Nightmare quickly looked back to Killer and sighed. "Killer, you have nothing to be sorry for. If you had caused this I would be disappointed yes, but you were simply doing your job."

Killer suddenly looked up as he remembered something. "OH! I just remembered something!" Everyone looked over to him for a moment, showing they were listening. "The Star Sanses were there too!!"

Nightmare's gaze hardened as he looked at Killer. "I assume they were there to fix the virus?" Killer nodded. "And I also assume that that was why Blue was called back." Again, Killer nodded. Nightmare locked eyes with Killer and nodded. "Horror take Dust to your room and dress his wounds. I'll keep an eye out for my troublesome brother and the painter." He looked to Killer and gave a small reassuring smile as Horror turned the corner to his room.

Killer smiled back, though his heart wasn't truly in it. Deep down he still blamed himself. He knew that Dust could handle himself, but that was before there was a virus infecting one of the already broken AU's. Storyshift Chara was powerful enough BEFORE they were infected with a virus that broke their power limit. Killer was so deep in his thoughts he didn't notice he had already made it to his room. He looked up and was just about to open his door when he noticed a bright blue string attached to his wrist. As soon as he noticed it, the string tightened and began pulling him. To where he did not know, He was tempted to just snap it, but he knew that that would probably hurt Error, since they were directly connected to him. He opted to just allow the string to lead him.

The string led him to the forest in front of the mansion. More specifically, led him to a large tree that was the place everyone in the mansion went to relax. Now Killer knew why Error brought him here.

He climbed the tree and spotted Error sitting on one of the highest branches. He sat down next to Error and tried to recollect his breath. "How..." He had to stop to breathe, "How did you get up here when you're still injured?"

Error smiled and shrugged nonchalantly. "I can do a lot of things, even when you would think I can't." He dropped the smile and turned to Killer. "I would rather ask about you though."

Killer's stomach churned. He didn't think he was that obvious. "W-what do you mean?" He cleared his throat at the end of the sentence.

Error rolled his eyes and shook his head, exasperated. "Killer, I know you blame yourself. Trust me, that used to be all I really did." Killer turned his face away and chose to stare at the the ground instead. It was much more interesting, apparently. "I don't want you to end up like I did. Believe me, it sucks. Dust is going to be okay, but you need to really believe that. You're surrounded by people who care. Look, I'm not the type to give mushy speeches and shit, but you need to STOP blaming yourself, and START blaming the bastards that let a virus infect an AU to that extent." Killer had to stifle a laugh, but he looked up at Error anyways with a smile on his face. "So, is that clear Killer?"

Killer couldn't hold it in anymore and he threw his head back and laughed, smiling. He never knew Error could be so mushy. Killer nodded his head and turned to Error with a smile in his eyes.

Error's face heated slightly, and he turned away before letting a smile break his face. "Good."

Killer took a glance at the ground when he heard footsteps. Cross walked up to the base of the tree and looked around, swiveling his head from side to side. Killer grabbed an apple that was growing on the tree and threw it at Cross. The apple hit the side of his head, and rolled away. Cross spun around and looked up towards the branch that Killer and Error were sat on.

Cross sighed and shook his head, a smile on his face. He cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted up at them. "Nightmare said we're having a meeting in 10 minutes. Be there." Killer grinned and nodded. He heard Cross mumble something about needing to find Error now. Killer tilted his head and looked to his left. Wasn't Error-

Ah. He was gone. Must've snuck off when Cross got here. Oh well. Killer would just head to the meeting without Error. The one thing Killer could hope for was that Dust was at least alright.

Killer slowly made his way down from the high branch, almost twisting his ankle when he landed on solid ground again. He walked quickly over to the mansion and prepared for whatever Nightmare was going to tell them.

Whatever it was, he hoped it was to get rid of Story shift. If he didn't like it before, oh boy did he despise it now.

OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY I JUST KINDA GOT BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND THEN I FORGOT TO UPDATE AND I PROMISE THAT I WILL UPDATE MORE OFTEN AND I HOPE YOU LIKES THIS CHAPTER IT WASNT MUCH BUT ANYWAY SEE YOU LATER!!!!

~Lucky