I'm a Normal Girl...I swear...with just some super powers 10

“SO today your mother and I have decided to fill you in on the mage side of your identities and history of our clan. Let us begin. ”

Well not like I had much of choice but for once, I actually wanted to hear about my mage identity since it was messing up my life so much.

Mom looked at dad and then back at us. “Remember how when you guys were little we told you guys bed time stories?”  We nodded our heads. Mom and Dad made up some of the wildest tales. They were lots of fun to hear when we were kids. It got us to get ready to go to bed since they wouldn’t tell us a story unless we got ready for bed. Sometimes we’d pretend to be the characters and put on silly shows with blankets and pillows.

“Well, then do you remember the one about the two twins?” I searched my memories. I vaguely remember something about two twin boys. “The one about the boy twins that got lost?” I asked. Mom nodded her head. “Do you remember how it went?” I was a bit hazy on the story, it was a long time ago when I had heard it. “ If I remember correctly it went something along the lines of this:” Danny began to answer, “There was the aqua clan who had two children that got lost. They went spate ways. Something bad happened to one and the other one was found….I can’t remember much after that.” Dad nodded his head. Mom began to retell the story

“ Once long ago, there were many clans. Each one special in controlling a certain element or idea. This magic didn’t come from thin air though, there’s a limited supply flowing around the earth. It was said that the magic came from a crystal. It was constantly renewing the used magic to fresh magic. It was said to also hold more magic within it. Each clan looked for the crystal hoping for more power, that was supposedly created by a mysterious group of wizards.  Then an ordinary women had twins that could do magic.  The single women scared and unable to support her children had left them in the mountain range in front of a strange ruin that was magic alter.  One of the twins decided to go searching for their mom. The other child stayed at the alter waiting for his brother to come back. The child was found eventually by an old wizard that dressed like a monk. The monk cared for the child and taught him discipline while realizing the child’s potential and harnessing his powers to better human kind. Eventually the monk turned the child back to civilization knowing his time was over soon. While the brother who left to find civilization, along the way, discovered his un-natural powers. He wasn’t getting anywhere by land and decided to swim. He swam a long journey into the sea, where he met the aqua clan. The king and queen unable to bear their own child, adopted the child as their son and spoiled. The child had an evil nature about him and began to do horrible deeds within the clan. The king’s love for him would not budge. Eventually the child ran away from home. The kind devastated sent troops searching for his son. The son began using his unnatural amount of power to destroy many clans to almost extinction. This was no longer a child but a demon.  Many clans came together to stop the demon child but failed. Others tried to capture him and use him as a tool but also failed. It wasn’t until the demon child came upon a small town. He began to destroy it. This is where the monk’s twin child had been peacefully residing.  Hearing the screams of his people he ran to see what was happening and found his long lost twin brother who was now a demon. They sensed each other’s powers and realized that they had to be brothers. The monk’s child not wanting to fight his brother asked his brother to peacefully resign and join him in a peaceful way of life. The demon child refused as he had “greater intentions”.  With that began the duel that lasted 6 months. At the end of six months they did not get any wearier, but only grew in power. The king finally able to trace down his son rushed down to the battle. The father tried to interrupt the demon child but was only hurt in the process. The monk’s child tried to protect the father as the father revealed his identity to him.  The father was so hurt by what had become of his only son that he didn’t want to live. The monk’s child, trying to protect the father, was now at a disadvantage. The demon child was taking full advantage of it. The child then realized that he could not defeat his twin and would have to seal him away. In order for this to happen a mage with great power was needed to be sacrificed as this was a forbidden technique.  The monk’s child asked the king, dear king if you love your son and cannot live with him as he is now please help me seal him away for the better of everyone. The king understood and the brother began to seal the demon away. The demon withered in pain and furry but it was no use. The three of them fused together and were sealed away inside a crystal. The crystal was given to the aqua queen and the aqua clan was frowned upon from then on. Later the crystal that formed was said to be a fragment of the crystal that re-creates the magic that has been used but there was no one that could use it. The crystal was passed down to the heirs of the aqua throne from that day on.”