Chapter 14: The Truth About Maria

A few days later, we were on the Endeavor travelling to see Davy Jones. Beckett brought me along to watch over me.

I was in a room standing behind my father as he was working behind a desk signing parchments. I then looked at Beckett's desk and saw Beckett and Mr. Mercer talking and Mr. Mercer was telling Beckett about what happened in Singapore, and I decided to listen in.

"A piece of eight. Nine of them you say," Beckett says. I'm not sure what he meant because I didn't hear the beginning of the conversation.

"Our new friend in Singapore was very specific, sir. Nine pieces of eight," Mr. Mercer says.

"What's the significance of that, I wonder," Beckett mutters.

"Does it matter. There's nothing that can hold against the armada. Not with the Flying Dutchman at the lead," Mr. Mercer says.

"Nothing we know of," Beckett says. "Did your friend mention where the brethren court are meeting?" He asks.

"He was mum on that, sir," Mr. Mercer says.

"Hmm. Then he knows the value of information. Better keep this between ourselves. We don't want anyone running off to Singapore, do we?" Beckett says quietly, but I heard him. "Ah, admiral," he says when Norrington came into the room. I looked at him, but then looked away as I'm still upset with him.

"You summoned me, Lord Beckett," Norrington says.

"Yes. Something for you there. Your new station deserves an old friend," Beckett says pointing to a box that I know has Norrington's old sword in it that Will made for him.

I turned back to my father as no one else said a word.

"Not more requisition orders," Father says when given another parchment.

"No, sir. Execution," the person answers. I wonder what he meant by that.

"The brethren know they face extinction. All that remains is for them to decide where they make their final stand," Beckett says. I look at him having a hard time believing that. I know there is no way for pirates to become extinct.

Everyone went on deck when we arrived where Davy Jones was. I looked upon the wreckage of the pirate ships that I know the Flying Dutchman has destroyed that I know Beckett has ordered Davy Jones to do so. I was standing a little farther away from Beckett as I saw Mr. Mercer hand Beckett a telescope.

"Bloody hell. There's nothing left," Beckett mutters.

"Jones is a loose cannon, sir," Mr. Mercer says.

"Fetch the chest," Beckett demands.

"And the governor? He's been asking questions about the heart," Mr. Mercer asks. I look at them listening closely.

"Does he know?" Beckett asks looking over at Mr. Mercer. Mr. Mercer gives him a knowing look then Beckett looks back at the wreckage. "Then perhaps his usefulness has run its course," he says. I widen my eyes afraid at what he means by that.

I walked away to stand next to my father. He gives me a sad smile and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

I then saw a ship come out of the water and knew it was the Flying Dutchman. Beckett came up to me and took me by my arm.

"Come. You're sitting with me," Beckett demands.

"Hmph," I say in annoyance.

I sat beside Beckett as we rowed the boats towards the Dutchman. We all climbed on board and surrounded the crew. I saw that they were half man half fish. I looked up as someone came into view and saw tentacles on his face and had crab claws for hands and I knew this had to be Davy Jones.