Arson, Allies, and Anarchy

Y/N's P.O.V

I would say that the fear I'm experiencing right now is the worst I've ever felt in my life, but I've had a couple times where things have been worse. Not going to go into detail about them since that wouldn't make this current situation any better, but overall, it's not incredibly terrible. Sure, the number of demons I see looking at me as I walk past them on the sidewalk is stress inducing, but a firm and constant grip on my concealed firearm is the ultimate calming agent. Maybe it's because of the outfit I'm wearing and they think I'm some kind of rich demon that they can kill and steal or hold for ransom, though I don't really want to try and think like they do. I do too much of that and I'll start behaving like them as well, which is not what I want my image to reflect.

As I walk, I take note of the bigger differences that the inner parts of the city contain compared to the more familiar outskirts that I spent a brief period at. The further in I go from where I teleported to, the more the buildings appear to be less dilapidated and on the brink of collapse. As a matter of fact, as I cross the street in front of me, I look up and down the left side of said street and see apartment complexes, stores with lights on inside, and even a couple radio shacks. And, in case it wasn't already obvious, there are more demons out and about, though I do happen to notice that there are some mothers with babies walking around now too. I secretly wish that none of them fall victim to a drive by or something worse. But seeing it almost gives this place a sense of normalcy, like this city won't be as god awful as I was thinking it would be. Another key difference is the lack of trash just lying about. While still not as clean as I think it should be, at least these streets don't look like a total junkyard, despite there being a couple poor demons sitting nearby the garbage sitting out. Cars are also more plentiful here, some driving by on the road, some sitting parked on the sides of the roads, and some have been turned/flipped over and either been stripped for parts or wrecked beyond functionality. But it's also worth noting that I walk past a car parked on the side of the road closest to me and I can see it bouncing with sounds of moaning audibly present. I don't need to guess what's going on in there, so I just roll my eyes and continue on my way.

The environment has also changed from just straight up and down roads with a clear line of sight towards the center of Pentagram City. Streets break off to the west and east, there are some sloped inclines, and there are just more streets in general. And while the change seems great at first, it presents me with a different problem. It makes it a lot harder to know where I'm supposed to go, which is already something I already had difficulty with before even reaching this particular area. I blame myself for that, for not asking more questions and knowing what questions to ask before just blindly running into situations like this. After all, any city, compared to a town or something smaller in size, is huge with hundreds of places crammed into it's overall space. What I should've done before leaving the mansion was ask the chef where the shop was, because I'm certainly not going to stop and ask one of these demons for help. They probably would just tell me to 'piss off' or attempt to lure me to some other place with the promise of help so that they can just murder me. I don't want to reveal anything about the nature of my visit anyway, me being the kind of guy who likes saying as little as possible and just going in, getting done what needs to be done, and leaving. 

Pausing by a store window, I dig in my pocket and bring out the list, praying that the chef put an address on the back for me to follow. Turning it over, I feel a surge of relief flood my chest when I see a street name and store name. Putting the list back in my pocket, I sigh and accept the fact that I lucked out on something that wouldn't normally happen. I'll have to thank the chef when I get back, especially since he didn't have to do that for me. Then a loud noise sounds next to me, making me flinch from the suddenness of it before I turn and see that the window I stopped in front of was another one of those radio shacks, the TV's on and announcing a news segment from 666 News. Allowing myself to get distracted for a moment, I walk closer to the window and peer at the TV's, watching as a news studio is displayed with a slim, blonde lady in a red dress and a guy wearing a dark gray suit with gas mask for a face sitting at a red oval table.