Dreams and Goals Accomplished

5 Months Later...

Y/N's P.O.V

"Get back here, missy!" The angry store owner yells at Cherri.

I smile from my spot on the nearby rooftop, watching my girlfriend run across the parking lot below as the grocery store employee that checked her out chases after her. When Charlie told me that she sent Cherri out to get groceries for the hotel, I just knew that Cherri would do something like this so I came running over and waited until this very moment happened. I let it play out a little bit more, finding it a bit funny, but as my girlfriend's getting close to the road, I teleport down and land between them, the two of them stopping in their tracks on either side of me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I would appreciate it if you didn't harm my girlfriend" I say with a warm smile, glancing down at the butcher knife in the employee's hand.

"You're..you're that overlord" The demon remarks nervously.

"Yes, I suppose I am" I sigh, "Now what seems to be the problem here?"

"Well, sir, your girlfriend came into our store and tried leaving with those food items she's carrying right now without paying" The store employee explains.

"Is that so?" I question, glancing at Cherri, who just shrugs and grins casually, "Well, then let me settle this for you, then."

The demon is apprehensive at first, which probably means I could've worded my language better, but then becomes surprised when I take my wallet out.

"How much what is it exactly?" I ask, then adding a bit of sternness just so he doesn't try to ask for more than it was actually worth, "And please be honest or I won't be so nice."

He calms down and tells me the cost on the receipt, trading it for the money I give him. Charlie gave me it when I told her why I was heading out, more than happy to provide it after I told her I was going to do it the right way. The store employee then walks back towards the store as I head over to my troublesome, but fun girlfriend.

"I can never get enough of you, you know that?" I smile at her.

"So I hear" She grins, "C'mere, handsome."

Cherri lunges forward, links her hands behind my neck, and leans in to press her lips against mine while simultaneously pressing her chest against me too. I hold her sweetly by her waist and kiss her back. Once we separate, her and I catch a couple small groups of demons passing by smiling and showing their support/approval. We're becoming quite the popular power couple on the news, not that Cherri cares that much. But at least now, Tom has stopped his pervy remarks about her and Katie doesn't make anymore flirty comments about me, so she's at least appreciative of that.

"So where are you headed off to?" She asks, grinning and putting her hands on her hips.

"I was going to stop by the hospital and see if Niffty or Madelyn needed anything" I reply.

"Oh, is that so?" Cherri grins, glancing at the building in the near distance, "Then I have an idea. How about you and I race across the rooftops like old times? Last one to the hospital has to be the bottom in bed later. And no teleporting. That's cheating."

"Oh, you're on" I grin back, lightly gripping her shoulder and teleporting us to the nearest rooftop, "Get ready to lose."

"Ha, we'll see about that when I'm on top of you tonight, stud" My girlfriend chuckles.

We then take off at a run and jump from the edge of this roof to the one right across from it, Cherri and I hitting the ground and rolling before getting back on our feet and continuing to run. As we jump and climb onto the next roof, a wave of nostalgia hits me and I recall the first time I met Cherri was when we went rooftop jumping just like now. Matter of fact, it was also the same day I met Anthony for the first time, both of those reminding just how much things have changed.