A Rescue Gone Rogue

Y/N's P.O.V

It's the sharp pain of my skin getting sliced that wakes me up from my state of unconsciousness. But, if that wasn't bad enough, my headache is now worse because of those assholes that knocked my head into the wall and there's something covering my eyes so that I can't see. I grit my teeth, growling as what must be a knife blade cuts and digs into my flesh. Whoever's doing this to me is also sitting on my lap, since I can feel their weight on top of me. They also appear to be taking their time with this. I try to struggle out of it, but the person puts their finger on my lips and shushes me, their voice assuring me that everything's going to alright now. I then feel something warm and wet brush over the wound. The voice is female and just as I begin to put voices to faces, the blindfold is removed and Velvet comes into view, smiling at me.

"Guess who, Y/N? It's me, your loving girlfriend!" Velvet grins, casually holding up a kitchen knife with its tip covered in blood.

Grunting in pain, I look down and my eyes widen at what she's done. Velvet took my jacket and shirt off and carved a capital V encased in a heart over the part of my chest where my heart would be. Fresh blood is still leaking from it and when I look back up at Velvet, who has some of it on her lips and mouth, my body shivers after putting two and two together.

"Surprised? I would think so" The Overlord continues grinning, shifting herself so that she's now sitting on her legs, "But after that little display of power and strength, what little feelings I previously had towards you skyrocketed. I had never seen anyone take on an exterminator, much less 8 total, before and live. The aggressive. The ferocity. It makes me so hot. Now I can't fathom you being with anyone else besides me, which is why I put out that little Voxtagram post. I knew you couldn't stay away from me for long and yet here you are. But to ensure that none of these other lower class whores, skanks, and sluts ever dare try to steal you from me, I marked you as mine. Do you like it?"

I want to snap at her and call her a crazy bitch, but given that fact about her, it wouldn't make things any better and would certainly piss her off, which is not something I need right now with her and I being the only ones in this small room. It's a room with curtains drawn over the two thin windows a little ways in front of me, a lavish looking couch that Velvet and I are currently sitting on, a cold, empty fireplace with a oval-shaped mirror on its banister, and a singular wooden door behind me, all encased in soot black walls.

"It's so very you, Velvet" I smile at her, trying to stay on her good side until I get a chance to escape from this place.

"I knew you would. It's from me, after all" She says, her eyes sparkling as she carelessly tosses the knife behind her, it landing on the floor as she pushes me down onto the couch so that my back's against the cushions while she's in top of me, her face hovering just above mine, "But why don't we take this time to get to know each other a lot better? However, I think what would really make this reunion great is a celebratory selfie, one that'll solidify our relationship status to my millions of followers and, who knows, might even land us a guaranteed spot on the evening news."

"...What are they?" I ask, choosing to disregard her words and change the subject as I point to some bloody corpses lying on the ground near the curtain-covered windows.

"Oh, them? They're the limp dicks that brought you here. This place isn't mine after all, it's just where I wanted whoever found you to come when they had you. Though, between you and me, Y/N, I forgot to include 'unharmed' as part of my requirements for getting the 100k reward. But I remembered after posting it and thought to myself that I should just keep it as part of the deal anyway, even if they don't know about it. That I'll end up with you and they'll end up with nothing, since I wasn't going to pay them anyway. How/Why did they end up dead? Yours truly. They tried taking your weapons while you were asleep and I did not like that one bit. What you see is the aftermath" Velvet explains, her eyes flitting back and forth and not blinking a single time as she's telling me, seriously freaking me out.