"Her name definitely rings a bell, but I can't pin her name with a face." I could see Amity give me a subtle look of confusion, but then she shook it off. 

"Well then, we'll have to reintroduce you guys when you get better." She said, making me nod my head. "It's a lot nicer having her around the studio as our sound director instead of Matt." 

"Speaking of the ex sound director..." I paused when I noticed Amity's ears going down, hesitating for a moment before continuing. "Why did you fire him? You haven't filled me in on the juicy details yet!" 

"Oh, well uh..." Amity's gaze turned down, a nervous look in her eye. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her free hand opening and closing. Then, she shook her head and cleared her throat, her gaze meeting mine again. "Even though we're used to his snarky remarks, he finally said some stuff that crossed the line." 

Shaking my head I gave Amity a fake pout. "Aw c'mon Ammy, don't be so vague! What exactly did he say? You can't just leave me hanging like this!" I whined, making Amity chuckle slightly, though I couldn't tell if it was forced or not. 

"I'll... fill you in on all the details some other time." She said, her thumb starting to do circles over my knuckles. "Let's take the topic off of him, just thinking about him is leaving a bad taste in my mouth." Amity shuddered slightly, then shook her head. 

"Well then, why don't I give you something to take your mind off of it?" The Blight raised an eyebrow at my words, giving me a small smirk. Before she could ask what I meant, I blew her a kiss, watching as her ears went down before turning a dark shade of pink, matching the color of her cheeks. 

Amity let out a soft chuckle, her ears barely flapping up and down. "While that does take my mind off of things..." She suddenly stood up, leaning in close and suddenly giving me a peck on the cheek. "I prefer something a bit stronger to do the trick." 

I slowly brought my hand up to where she kissed me, feeling the heat that was only getting hotter radiating off of my cheek. Opening my mouth to say something, I wasn't surprised when all that came out was a squeak. 

Finally, after a minute of silence, I was able to speak. "Wow. Your lips are soft." I said, my voice high pitched. That remark made Amity choke, breaking out into a violent coughing fit. She turned away from me, struggling to catch her breath. "Sorry!" I quickly said, but Amity held a hand up to stop me. 

"Don't be-" She started, getting interrupted by another set of coughs. Amity roughly hit her chest a few times, clearing her throat in an effort to pull herself together. "Don't be sorry." She finally managed to say in a slightly raspy voice. 

"Well geez, going at this rate one of these days I'm gonna accidentally kill you!" I exclaimed, which made Amity laugh again, shaking her head. The Blight placed her hand back on top of mine and I was quick to intertwine our fingers, making her eyes widen slightly. 

"How bout you hold off on doing that till after the show tomorrow?" Amity suggested with a smile, making me smile as well. 

"Right, that'd be a good idea." I turned my gaze down for a minute, then I gasped before I looked back up into Amity's golden eyes. "I just realized! I haven't asked about pretty much anything that's gonna happen tomorrow!" 

"I mean, you kinda already know what's gonna happen..." Amity trailed off, rubbing the back of her neck. "After all, you were gonna perform with us y'know." I rapidly nodded my head, giving Amity's hand a tight squeeze. 

"I know that!" I said, a big grin finding its way to my face. "But I don't know what's changed! The outfits! The effects for the show! Heck, I don't even know how you're gonna play that new song! So start filling me in!" Using my free hand, I leaned my head on the palm of my hand, staring intently at the girl in front of me.