Volume 1 Chapter 5: Players and Pieces

Începe de la început

"Um... Yang?"

Ruby pointed up, towards a Nevermore. Weiss was holding onto one of its talons.

"I said 'jump'..."

"She's gonna fall."

"She'll be fine."

"She's falling." I say as I see the Ice Princess plummet to her doom.

Jaune lept from the tree in an effort to catch Weiss. Successfully catching her, they both looked down, both remembering they were still in the air, plummeting to the ground. Once they landed, Weiss was gracefully sitting on his back.

"My hero."

"My back..."

The roman woman was then thrown in front of us.

"Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!"

"Not if I can help it!"

She rushed out to try and attack the Deathstalker.

"Ruby, wait!" That girl is seriously going to kill herself!

As she flew through the air after a single shot, the Deathstalker swiped her, knocking her down.

"D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!"

She started to run from the creature as Yang and I ran towards her. But suddenly, the Nevermore rained down feathers upon her, pinning her cloak to the ground, getting her stuck.

"Ruby, get out of there!"

"I'm trying!"

"Gods damnit!"

In an instant, I created a wall of fire between Ruby and the Deathstalker. So I went up to check on Ruby and get her unstuck from the Nevermore feathers holding her cloak down.

The Deathstalker was still trying to attack us as the wall fell. I was able to force it back with a solid push of wind, hopefully, no one notices that. Weiss then jumped in, before it went in for another attack, freezing it's tail.

"You are so childish."

"Weiss?"

"And dimwitted, and hyperactive. And don't even get me started on your fighting style. And I suppose, I can be a bit... difficult. But if we're going to do this, we're going to have to do this together. So if you, Ruby, quit trying to show off, I'll be... nicer."

"I'm not trying to show off. I want you to know I can do this."

"You're fine."

She then walked off back to the group.

"Normal knees."

"Woah..." The entire side of the Deathstalker was blocked with ice.

Yang quickly embraced the two of us.

"I'm so happy you're both okay!"

As we got back with the rest of the group, we went to discuss some kind of plan.

"Guys, that thing's circling back. What are we gonna do?"

Blake made a really good point, and we all needed to make a plan quickly.

"Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us."

Weiss was right, and I agreed with her for once.

"She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the cliffs. There's no point in fighting these things."

"Run and live." I stated, as it's the only thing we could do.