1. I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO TALK TO SNAKES

| CHAPTER ONE |

I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO TALK TO SNAKES.

THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER CAME much quicker than Alexia Black had hoped. Sure, she adored Hogwarts - arguing that it was the best wizarding school out there -  but she knew this year would be different from the rest. During the summer, Sirius Black - a mass murderer who also happened to be Alexia's uncle - somehow escaped Azkaban (the most guarded wizarding prison in the world). No one knew how he got passed the Dementors, but he did and now, he was on the run. 

It had been bad enough for Alexia to be related to the man, she could only imagine the rumours that would circulate the school now that he's escaped. She didn't care what people said or thought about her, but the last thing she wanted was people following her to make sure she didn't let her uncle inside (something she hadn't even planned on doing). Fear made people do strange things, and she really didn't want to be on the receiving end of anyone's irrational fear (like, what kind of murderer runs away from a prison to hide in a school). 

Some people could say she was overreacting for nothing. Maybe no one would care. Maybe no one would bat an eyelash at her. However, the looks she received as she stood at King's Cross Station told her otherwise. People would take a glance at her, their eyes would widen before they'd turn around to whoever they were nearest to and whisper something to them, their eyes never again looking at the black haired girl. She was used to people refusing to make eye contact with her (her best friends Kara and Gabrielle always joked that everyone was scared of turning to stone from looking at her for too long) but this was definitely different.

"You'll be alright, won't you?" Andromeda Tonks' voice caught Alexia to snap out of her thoughts. 

She glanced to her right at her Godmother and nodded, "Of course I will. I'll just threaten anyone that says anything with a Basilisk," She smirked, earning a loud laugh from Dora and pointed looks from Andromeda and Ted.

"Alexia..." Andromeda said in a firm voice.

"Don't worry, I don't actually know how to talk to snakes," Alexia grinned, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she looked at her family. Andromeda and Ted Tonks took care of the young girl since she could remember, her father - Regulus Black - died after double-crossing Voldemort, and her mum (who was Regulus' arranged wife, Victoria Black née Carrow) died a few years after him due to a severe case of Dragonpox. Regulus hadn't even lived long enough to meet his only child, but when she was born Victoria asked Andromeda to be the Godmother since she knew how close Andromeda and Regulus were whilst growing up. 

Before anyone else could say anything, the Hogwarts Express whistles, indicating that it was almost time to set off.

"No more letters from Professor Snape about you misbehaving," Andromeda ordered, pouting a finger at the fifteen year old witch. Even though the woman was being serious, Alexia could see a faint smile on her face.

"No promises," Alexia yelled as she began walking away already, waving dramatically at her family as she dragged her dark green suitcase behind her. She jumped onto the train, logging the heavy bag behind her as she sent one last wave at the trio standing not too far from the train before she finally turned around and began walking through the small aisle way. 

Alexia kept her eyes on the compartments of the train, looking for two familiar brunettes when suddenly she slammed into a hard chest and almost tripped over her suitcase if it hadn't been for the figure catching her mid-fall. She could feel her heart racing against her rib cage and was sure that the person that bumped into her could feel it too.

Looking up, her coffee brown eyes widened when she spotted a grinning Fred Weasley towering over her. Pushing his arms off of her, Alexia stood up straight, wiping her skirt from any invisible dust, "Weasley," She nodded, talking in a monotone voice. 

"Hello, Black," Fred grinned, his eyes sparkling with mischief as he looked down at the much shorter girl; she was 5'5 and didn't look like she was going to grow anymore, Fred, on the other hand, seemed to be getting taller and taller with each year that passed (not that she was observing him so much that she noticed), "I see you've finally fallen for me."

The black haired girl rolled her eyes, "You wish, Weasley. Now, kindly remove yourself from my sight before you make me vomit."

AN- I'm so excited already!!!!