Chapter Thirteen: Over And Out

I sat on the floor in Nancy's room, my back up against the dresser while Jonathan and Nancy sat on the bed, Jonathan's sweater wrapped around her, along with his arm as he tried to comfort her.

"You...you were in that place for a whole year?" She asked, her voice shaking. I nodded. "Riley, I had no idea..." I shook my head.

"Nobody did." I stood up, tightening my ponytail and putting my hands on my hips. "Don't worry about that right now, you just worry about calming yourself down, ok?"

"You told me not to go in. I should have listened." She said. I shook my head.

"Its ok...you didn't know." I saw something move outside and my eyes travelled to the window over their shoulders to see the face of Steve Harrington through the glass, watching as his girlfriend cuddled up to Jonathan Byers in her room. "Ok, um...why don't you go take a shower, and I'll be right back."

As he disappeared I opened the window, climbing out just in time to see him jump off of the AC unit.

"Steve...Steve wait, Harrington!"

"Shut up, Hopper, I don't wanna talk about it." He said, stalking away from me. I rolled my eyes, jumping off of the roof.

"That was not what it looked like."

"Really? It looked pretty cozy in there to me." He said, continuing towards his car. I walked over, grabbing his arm and turning him to face me.

"Ok, just, please, get ahold of yourself, Harrington. We don't have time for you drama right now."

"My Drama, my drama?" He asked, gesturing towards the window. "I just watched my girlfriend cuddle with Jonathan Byers and you're telling me I'm being dramatic!?"

"Newsflash genius, typically if people are going to cheat on their boyfriends, they don't invite their best friends along for the ride!" I exclaimed.

"Then why are you the one out here talking to me? Why-Why isn't she telling me this?" I sighed, shaking my head.

"Its been a really crappy night, ok?" He nodded, turning and walking away from me.

"Right."

"Steve...Steve!" He ignored me, getting back in the car and pulling away from the curb at lightning speed. I sighed, pushing my hair back. I really hope that's not gonna cause problems for us later. I sighed, shaking my head and climbing back up through Nancy's window to find Jonathan setting up a pallet on the floor.

"Hey, where'd you go?" He asked. I shook my head, sitting on her bed.

"Nowhere important." He furrowed his eyebrows at me, but before he could press it any further, Nancy came back in, freshly showered and wearing blue pajamas, her arms wrapped around herself.

"Better?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah." She said quietly.

"Is this ok? I found it in the closet." He said, gesturing towards the blanket. "I can go home, I just figured-"

"Yeha, no. I...I don't wanna be alone. Do you?"

"No. Uh...no." She looked at me.

"I'm just gonna run downstairs really quick, I'll be back." I said.

"What? Why?" I shook my head.

"Nothing, don't worry, everything's fine. Just um...you two get settled in, and I'll be right back." I walked out the door, creeping downstairs as secretly as I could until I reached the basement, wanting to check on El and the boys.