Bonus Chapter: Sweet Amber

(I also want to publish this chapter, because I have a couple of things I want to set up before Season 5 comes out. I've been trying to get Sweet Amber updated, but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get the story up to season 4 before 5 comes out, so I want everyone to know where she's coming from, as she will be making an appearance in this book for Season 5. :) So basically, this is what happened in the last episode of Season 4.)

(SPOILER ALERT: SPOILERS FOR SWEET AMBER)

~~~Steve~~~

Riley and the others went to take Eleven by the hospital to visit Max, and then they were going to tidy up the cabin so we would have a place to keep her. In the meantime, Robin, Dustin, and I headed to the school to drop off the donations we'd rounded up. 

I was honestly relieved that Eleven and the rest of the California crew were back. I think Riley really needed her sister right now...especially with the whole...being pregnant thing. 

Holy crap. 

The gym was stocked full of cots, all full of injured and displaced locals. Volunteers were running around all over the place sorting cans, handing out water bottles, and the like. 

There was also a police officer, stationed beside a a line of boards, all plastered with missing person flyers. I sighed, suddenly glad that Riley isn't here. She'll no doubt look at all this damage that Vecna caused and think that its her fault. 

We came to a stop in front of the donations table. 

"Hi." Robin greeted, as we all put our boxes down. "Uh, so these are blankets and sheets, and some...some clothes and...and some kids' toys." 

"Wow, its already so organized," The coordinator said, "We appreciate that. Do you want a tax receipt for it?"

"Um..." Robin looked at me, unsure of the answer. I shook my head. "No, I don't think we need one. Thank you, though. But is there anything else we can do to help?" 

The organizer looked surprised by the question. Either they hadn't had many volunteers or it was easier to ask what didn't need to be done. 

~~~

"Ok, then we sort by age," I followed the volunteer I'd been assigned, struggling to keep up with her explanation as I picked up falling clothes items that were overflowing from the bins, "We've got infants, girls, boys, men, women."

I nodded, pulling my sleeves up and glancing up at Robin, who was making peanut butter sandwiches over at the food station. I raised my eyebrows as Vickie walked through the door, freezing in the doorway as she spotted Robin. 

Next thing I knew, she was standing beside her, and they were talking and laughing as if they were lifelong friends. 

I smiled, continuing to fold and sort laundry as I watched them hit it off. I'd meant what I said back at the RV. I'm a believer in love prevailing. I mean, what are the odds of Riley and I being  where we are, after everything we've been through-

"We need to talk." 

My eyes widened at the sight of a pair of piercing green eyes, staring at me with a sort of scary determination that caught me off guard. It was the hair I noticed next; long, red locks that hung straight over leather-clad shoulders. It was only then that I realized I knew the person who was talking to me, and if she was here, and she was approaching me looking angry and slightly concerned, then there was only one reason...

One we had not accounted for. 

~~~Dustin~~~

I was assigned to walk around handing out water, but I had to admit, I also had ulterior motives for wanting to come here.