Chapter 3: I'll Take It!

Start from the beginning

"Wait a minute. This is the master bedroom right?" Ochako said inquisitively, surprised that she would be staying in a master bedroom.

"Yeah" Izuku answered nonchalantly.

"Well, if you're the owner of the apartment, then why didn't you take it?" she asked him, still confused.

"Oh, umm, well I just never felt like it." Izuku said nervously, his cheery smile beginning to fade.

"I should have expected this, it's fine, it doesn't seem like she'll ask any more questions." Izuku thought as she went into the room, a grin plastered across her face.

"It's perfect! This is a really nice room!" Ochako exclaimed, ecstatic that she might be able to stay in a place like this.

"Thanks. Do you wanna see the rest of the rooms or just go straight downstairs?" Izuku asked.

"Let's go downstairs, I don't want to intrude on your personal space." Ochako answered, trying to be as respectful as possible.

"Now that I think about it, he looks my age. The hell is an 18-year-old doing with an apartment like this? He doesn't seem rich, otherwise he wouldn't be renting this place and by the amount of stuff he has he hasn't spent much either, so what's the deal?" Ochako wondered, whilst walking down the stairs.

"And here's the downstairs. The kitchen is to the right of the whole area, with a big open window by the dining table. The rest you can see pretty clearly." Izuku explained, maintaining his professional behaviour.

"Wow, this looks really cozy. Oh and can I ask one more question?" she inquired, her main concern on her mind since the beginning. 

"Fire away" Izuku replied.

"How far is this place from UA university? Since I'll be going there I need to know how long the commute is going to be." She asked, this question being the deal breaker.

"Wait you're going to UA too?" Izuku asked, surprised at the coincidence.

"Eri's gonna flip out when she hears this." Izuku thought as he sulked for a moment.

"Yeah, let me guess, 1st year?" Ochako answered, surprised at this revelation.

"Yeah, wow this is a coincidence, to say the least. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do your entrance thesis on?" Izuku inquired, his inner nerd coming out.

"I did mine on the effects and applications of zero gravity. What about you?" Ochako replied, curious to find out what kind of other topics people did.

"I did mine on the psychological effects of important social figures." Izuku answered, just as curious as Ochako.

"Wow that's really interesting. What are your plans after uni?" Ochako asked again, finally having an actual conversation with Izuku.

"I want to become a psychologist, a therapist specifically, but anything in the field is fine for me." Izuku said, pride filling his voice.

"I'll make sure no one ever feels as lost as Mum ever did." Izuku thought, happy that he could do something his mother would be happy about.

"What about you?" Izuku asked her back.

"I want to work as a tester for all of those Zero Gravity astronaut training machines." she answered, getting excited just by the thought of it.

"So I take it you're taking the Astronomical Physics course" Izuku said.

"Yup, and let me guess, Psychology with a psychiatric focus?" Ochako asked, interested in his choice of career.

"Yeah that's exactly right." Izuku answered, smiling, "And as for your previous question, it's between 30-40 minutes, which is a bit of a long time, but the city life here is a lot of fun.