"Maybe we need a kitchen tour," he said with a smile. You shrugged.

"I'll get used to it eventually-- change things up a bi--" you paused as he brought down the entire spice rack from the top shelf. "Who kee--"

"I don't even use it," he said with a grin. You shook your head, finding cinnamon in handwriting you recognized to be yours.

"Hey, these are the labels you asked me to write," you said, remembering. He hummed as he brought the glass of water he was pouring to his lips.

"Well, I thought I'd leave it on the counter so I wanted it to be, you know-- aesthetic." You laughed, making your oatmeal. "And then I never used it and it was taking up too much room so it got hidden away."

"Well, I might need it," you said, pushing the thing up to the wall. "Can I leave it down here?" He shrugged.

"It's your kitchen too-- do whatever you'd like." You smiled and nodded, taking your oatmeal out of the microwave.

"Oh!" you gasped, turning as you stirred it. He looked up and watched as you pulled the barstool out to take a seat across from him. He smiled, sitting up.

"Yeah?"

"You've got-- like a housekeeper, right?" Gray nodded.

"She comes during the day," he said with a small smile. "Why-- is that not okay?"

"No, it's just," you paused to eat. "I'll be home all day-- and I don't work all the time, so I can just, you know, do all the regular house stuff." He smiled.

"You don't have to--"

"But, there really isn't a point, no?" He shrugged. "I don't know-- I also don't want you to just fire her." He laughed, typing.

"Then what do you want me to do?" You shrugged. "E's been needing a housekeeper- the lady he was employing had a family emergency and went back to-- wherever her hometown is." You nodded.

"So maybe she could--"

"I'll let her know on Monday." You smiled. "So, what do you want to do?"

You looked up from your food. "Um-- I don't know?" You decided to get a banana. "What do married people do?" He smiled.

"I don't know?" You shrugged. "I've never been married before." You laughed a little as you ate your banana in small bites.

"Well, me neither." He laughed.

"Well, I'd hope so."

---

"Oh," you said with a frown. He shrugged.

"I thought-- thought we could put it in water or something," he said with another shrug. You nodded and took the small bouquet from him.

"Uh-- thank you?" he nodded and set the bags on the counter. You looked around the kitchen for a vase and saw one on the top shelf of the glass cabinet. "Gray?"

"Got it," he mumbled reaching up for it. He put it on the counter and walked away. You picked it up and filled it with water at the sink. You unwrapped the plastic from the carnations and lilies. You dropped them into the vase and arranged them to stand properly and pushed it to the centre of the island.

He glanced at it before turning to put the rest of his milk cartons away. You sighed and leaned on the counter, hand in your palms. "How was the grocery store?" you asked, making conversation. He looked up, taking the produce he'd bought out of their packaging.

"It was fine," he sighed, turning to put those away too. "Do you mind holding the fridge open for me?" You nodded and walked over, holding it open as he stocked it up with the things he, and you, would be needing for the week.