Chapter 3 (Virgil POV)

Shit I'm late, shit I'm late shit I'm late shit, shit, shit...

"Virgil!" I heard. I turned around to see Patton running behind me, "Virgil, slow down!"

"What's wrong, Pat?" I stopped to look at my roommate. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki pants. In his back I could see his tan backpack and he has holding a paper bag in his hands.

"You didn't have breakfast this morning!" He said as he handed me the paper bag.

"Wha...?" I looked inside the bad to see a pair of chocolate cookies, "But I did have breakfast, Patton."

"Just a cup of coffee isn't enough, kiddo. I don't want you to starve yourself! Your brain needs energy to function," Patton stated, a dead serious look in his face. He clearly wasn't joking.

"Well... thanks Patton. I'll eat them on my way to class," I turned and was about to continue walking when Patton held me by my shoulder. I flinched. I wasn't expecting it, and I hated physical contact.

"Wait kiddo. Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"I don't want to be late the first day..." I explained.

"Virge, can I call you that?" I nodded, "Virge, class doesn't start until another ten minutes. I don't think you are going to be late..."

"But what if I get lost? What if the map is wrong? What if I mixed up my schedule? I can't let any of that affect my timing. Also, better safe than sorry. I don't want anything to go wrong." I noticed how my palms were starting to sweat a bit. Fuck!

"Ok, ok. But try not to stress too much. I don't think any of that is going to happen. See you later at the canteen?" He asked. I sighed. I was planning on eating alone, but I couldn't let him down.

"Sure, whatever," His face lit up.

"Great! See you later!" He exclaimed as he waved and went to his own class.

"See ya," I started to walk again towards my class. I think it was literature. Pretty sure it's literature. I was starting to doubt it. Was it literature? I quickly searched in my pocket for the schedule and the map. Yes, I wasn't wrong. Literature, third flat of this building, room 306.

This time I proceeded to walk slower, and I still arrived in time. Patton was right, there wasn't any need to stress so much. I walked in and sat in the left side of the class, third road. Close enough to hear and see everything properly, but not enough so the professor didn't notice me.

I still had five spare minutes before the class started, so i decided to eat Patton's cookies. They looked homemade and smelled delicious. I took a small bite. They tasted amazing. The chocolate melted in my mouth and the dough had a slight taste of vanilla that intensified and harmonized with the chocolate perfectly. I quickly finished it and I was about to eat another one when I saw someone enter the class and I froze.

It was a tall, gorgeous guy, with chocolate brown hair neatly combed to the left. He had smooth pale skin, sharp cheekbones, broad shoulders. He was wearing a dark ocean blue shirt and a tie the same hue, but slightly lighter, dark blue jeans, and black shoes. He had his books in a brown handbag, tied around his chest. I couldn't help to follow him with my sight as he sat in the front row, and took from his handbag a teal notebook, two pens, a pencil, a rubber, and pencil sharpener. He turned around to meet my gaze, and in that moment, I noticed I was staring. My face turned bright red as I looked down, feeling a as if a hundred butterflies were messing up in my stomach. When I looked up again, he was looking to the blackboard, waiting for the professor to arrive. Fuck. I knew what this feeling meant, and I didn't like it.

The class started, and the professor proceeded to roll call.

"Logan Crofters!" The professor called out.

"Present," The male said.

So his name is Logan... That is a fancy name... I had never heard it before, but it suited him. I could go and talk to him after class. But if I said something wrong, I could ruin it, and I didn't want that, so should I wait for him to talk to me first or...

"Virgil Nightshade!" Someone yelled, and I came back to the real world. The professor was staring at me, and he looked mad.

"He-here," I said, slightly raising my hand. I felt as if I was shrinking.

"Next time, Mr. Nightshade, answer at first and don't keep us waiting," He said.

"Sorry," I mumbled, putting on my hood.

The rest of the class continued quite normally, and I tried to concentrate on what the professor said, trying to improve my first impression, but it was useless. Also, I kept finding myself staring at that Logan guy. He didn't take his eyes away from the board, and it looked like he was able to take notes without looking at his notebook.

Two hours later the class finally finished, and I quickly packed my stuff and left. In my way out, I passed next to Logan, but I didn't say anything to him. He said anything either. We had a ten-minute break between each class, so I used it to finish the second cookie. The next class was normal, and I was able to concentrate quite well, even if Logan came into my thoughts every once in a while. 

Liking what you are reading so far? If you have any comment of my way of writing the crushes, please tell me, because my asexual ass has never experienced one and I want this to sound the most realistic as possible.

And until the next time, take it easy, guys gals and non binary pals!