"Cruci-" 

I realised with horror what he was about to do,  yelling "No, Draco, don't!" 

But before he could finish the curse, Harry bellowed "SECTUMSEMPRA!" his wand waving wildly.

I gasped. Blood spurted from Malfoy's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He fell backwards and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a splash, his wand echoing eerily as he dropped it.

There was a dead silence, broken by Harry gasping "No-"

Harry plunged towards Malfoy, sliding in the water. I leapt to my feet, my hands shaking in anger I pointed my wand at Harry, sending a hex in his direction. It missed him but a bin exploded, sending him sliding in the water.

"Expelliarmus!" I cried and his wand came sailing towards me. I looked down at the water beneath my feet, it was now red-ish from Draco's blood.

"Get the fuck out, Potter!" I said, my voice dangerously low.

"Fiadh I-"

"Now! Before I destroy that stupid whiny face of yours."

I threw his wand out the bathroom door and he scuttled - like the cretin he was - after it.

I dropped to the floor, my robes quickly becoming sodden. I tried to stop the bleeding with my robes but nothing was working. Draco was fading before me. He groaned and twitched as his blood stained the bathroom red.

Suddenly Moaning Myrtle appeared. As soon as she realised what was happening she began screaming, "MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!"

I tried a healing charm but nothing was working and his eyes were quickly shutting.

"Fiadh, help..." he begged.

The door banged open and I spun around to see Snape, his face furious.

"Professor, it was Potter, I saw it all happen," I cried, tears pouring down my face.

"Move, Rose," I jumped out of the way, "What curse was it?"

"Um. I'd never heard it before, sir...something like Septumsecra?"

"Sectumsempra?" He asked incredulous. I nodded vigorously, holding in my sobs.

He drew his wand and traced it over the wounds Harry's curse had made, muttering an incantation that was almost song like. The flow of blood was easing. As Snape repeated the incantation, I grabbed piles of tissue and wiped the residue from his face. Before my eyes the wounds were knitting. I was barely aware that I was covered in bloody water, Myrtle still sobbing overhead. After the third time Snape gestured for me to help lift Draco to a standing position. He was more conscious now, thank Merlin.

"He needs the hospital wing... there will be some scarring but if he takes dittany immediately we may even avoid that... come.." We carried Draco all the way to the hospital wing, me leaving a trail of bloody water behind. Holding his limp body there, I swore that whatever Draco was up to he wasn't going to be in this alone.

In the hospital wing Snape told me to stay with Draco as he went to deal with Potter. I was glad it had been Snape who had found Draco and I, every other teacher had a stupid soft spot for The Boy Who Lived but I knew Snape would give him Hell.

Madam Pomfrey had been able to stop Draco from scarring and had given a serum to make him sleep deeply through the night so his body could heal. His face was pale and caked in blood as were his robes which lay in a pile at the foot of the bed, Madam Pomfrey had changed him into clean pyjamas as soon as she had made sure he would be ok, I, however, was sitting beside his bed still wet and shivering cold. Every once in a while Draco would twitch in his sleep, letting out small moans.