The three Pogues ran over to the other two Pogues, but realized they were awfully silent and quiet. They look traumatized. 

JJ ran up to the two first, but eyes immediately widen when he saw blood. It was all over their clothes and hands.

"Is this yours?"

"Whose blood is that?"

"Hey, you okay?"

All of a sudden, they heard a police siren in the distance. They immediately ducked under the closest thing next to them. Emerson couldn't get the image of Peterkin out of her mind. The officer was like her second mom, so watching her get shot was something that would traumatize her till the day she died.

Emerson and John B slowly looked at each other, with horror and fear in their eyes. They didn't know what was about to happen next. 

···

"Man, I swear she sleeps everywhere." Emerson heard JJ said. They were currently on their way to the police station. Everyone thought Emerson was asleep, but she just couldn't. She couldn't get the image of Peterkin dying on the floor. 

"Shut up. I'm gonna go in there, and telling them what happened. Someone's gotta do it." John B said quietly, trying to not wake Emerson up. "I'm coming with you." Emerson spoke up, and everyone jumped in surprise. 

"Holy shit, I thought you were sleeping." JJ said, putting his hand on his heart. 

"I'm going with you. Most of the police know me here, so most of them should be able to trust me." Emerson said, and John B nodded.

As they stepped out of the car, Emerson couldn't help but feel scared. She was worried they wouldn't believe her.

Emerson and John B stepping into the police station, and heard the people on the radio talking about Peterkin. Emerson whimpered quietly when she heard Peterkin's name, but John B held her hand tightly.

"Uh, excuse me." Emerson spoke up. "Emerson, not the time, sweetie." the lady at the front desk said. She had seen Emerson come to the station often, so she immediately recognized her. 

"We know who shot the sheriff." John B whispered. The lady immediately raised her head, looking at the two disheveled kids. "You stay put. I'll get a deputy." she said, and ran off to get one of the deputies.

John B and Emerson stood in silence, until they heard the one thing they didn't want to hear. 

"We have a suspect in our 31. John Routledge." the radio said, and Emerson and John B looked at each other with wide eyes. "16-year old white male. Six foot. Last seen wearing board shorts, a "Bad Brains" T-shirt, and a faded red hoodie." the radio said, just as two deputies walked into the room. 

The two deputies looked at John B and Emerson warily. The 'suspect' was right in front of them. 

"Just breathe. Alright?" the female deputy said. Emerson looked at the two deputies, but when she did, her heart dropped. Those two deputies were the deputies who absolutely hated Emerson. They hated how everyone on the island loved her and her family. They were envious of a 16-year old. 

Emerson knew they weren't gonna listen to her. 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 16-𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦?

Emerson knew this wouldn't end right, so she grabbed John B's hand, and ran out the door. "Kie, start the car! Start the car, Kie!" Emerson shouted at Kie, who was the driver. 

Kie immediately started the car, as Emerson and John B hopped in. All the Pogues looked at the two in shock, asking them a bunch of questions.

"What? John B? Em?"