002.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤?" Emerson groans, as she feels water droplets fall on her face. She reaches her arm out for John B, who isn't there. 

"Bird?" Emerson shouts as she gets up from bed. "Over here! Get ready, we're going out to fish!" John B said, as he walked into the bedroom.

Emerson groans and stands up to use the bathroom and brush her teeth. She puts on a periwinkle bathing suit, and throws on one of John B's button up shirts with some jean shorts. She wears a pair of flip flops, and finds John B and JJ already waiting for her on the boat.

"Took you long enough princess." JJ said as they headed off to pick up Pope and Kie. 

···

"Hi Miss. Amy! You guys get through it?" John B asked. "Still here!"

"She totally looked at me." JJ said with a smile. "You have a serious problem, you should go get that fixed." Emerson comments. JJ glares at her and Emerson gives him a sarcastic smile.

"Agatha, what did you do?"

"She's a crazy lady."

"Hardcore, hurricane surge." they all said at once. "We'll be cleaning this all summer." JJ groans.

"That is my nightmare." Emerson and John B said at the same time.

"Well look who we have here. We have a safety meeting, attendance mandatory." John B said like he was using a walkie talkie. "I can't, my pops got me on lockdown." Pope replied. 

"Come on man. Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ said doing the same walkie talkie impersonation. "Oh, I heard that, you little bastard." Heyward said.

"Heyward!" Emerson jumps off the boat to give him a hug. "Hey sweetie, how're you holding up?" he asks, kissing her head.

"I'm holding up pretty well." she smiles as she hops back into the boat with John B and JJ. 

"We need your son." John B said. "Yeah and island rules, day after a hurricane is a free day." JJ said from the front of the boat. "Who the hell made that up?"

"Uh, the Pentagon, I think. We have security clearance. I have a card." JJ said as Emerson smacks the back of his head. 

"Y'all think I'm stupid?" Heyward asks. "No, but JJ is for thinking you are." Emerson says and Heyward smiles at the girl. Although Heyward doesn't like Pope's friends, the one friend he absolutely loves and adores is Emerson. I mean, how could you not?

"I'll do it tomorrow, I promise."

"You think... no, no, hell no. You doing it right now."

"Get in the boat." John B whispers. "Make a run for it." JJ said. Emerson didn't want to get on Heyward's bad side, so she just kept quiet and enjoyed the show. 

"Boy if you get in that boat. Bring your ass back up here!" Heyward shouts as Pope climbs into the boat. "I promise I'll do it tomorrow dad. I promise."

"When you get back, you're gonna clean shrimp, you're gonna clean fish, you'll clean your dirty-ass room! And I don't like your friends!" Heyward shouts as they get farther and farther away.

"What about me?" Emerson shouts, a bit hurt since she didn't encourage anything. "Let me rephrase, I don't like your friends except for Emerson!" he shouts and Emerson smiles and makes a heart with her hands. 

"Dude, my dad literally loves Em more than he loves me." Pope said to the three as they pull up to Kie's dock. 

"Oh, top o' the mornin' to ya." John B said in an accent. Emerson giggled as Kie hopped onto the boat. "Morning boys, and girl." she said as she looks at Emerson who was smiling. Kie handed everyone a beer, except for Pope as they began to head off into the marsh.