Chapter 6

I lay in bed for a while, not wanting to face Uncle Lou, because I know he will still be mad.

I hear Eleanor start to stir and a few minutes later she sits up, stretching her arms and turning to look at me.

"Hey" I say softly. She doesn't smile at me lke she usually would. "Morning, want some breakfast?" She asks me.

"No. I mean, no thankyou." I say, rolling over to face the wall. "Fine, but Lou won't be impressed."

I ignore her and wait for her to leave, shutting  the door behind her.

I roll back over to face the ceiling, wishing I had my phone right now.

I hear footsteps and roll my eyes, here we go.

"Jayde come and eat, now." Louis marches into my room and stands at the end of the bed.

"I'm not hungry." I lie, and sure enough my stomach rumbles, betraying me.

"Jayde, I'm deadly serious, get to the kitchen, and eat your breakfast right now." Lou says.

"Fine!" i shout jumping out of bed and storming into the kitchen, where Eleanor is seated with a cup of coffee and a piece of toast. She points to an empty chair, with a plate of eggs sits. I love breakfast food so much, but I don't want to eat it. I don't need it.

I sit down and take small bites of the eggs. Louis walks in and takes his seat.

"Jayde, we need to talk about last night." Louis begins, and I sigh inwardly. Here we go.

"What on earth were you thinking? It isn't appropraite for you to be hanging out with people two years older, especially boys, at night in some random park! Plus I saw the cigarette in your hand! You smoke?! Since when have you done that? And who the hell was that boy that kissed you? You're only 14!"

I stare at my plate for the whole speech. "I wasn't smoking! And that's..nobody. And, you're exactly right! I'm fourteen! I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions about who I hang out with and who I kiss..." I answer, glaring up at him fiercely, my feisty side is beginning to show.

"You're grounded Jayde! For gods sake, you're grounded, plus, your parents specifically told you not to talk to those boys anymore! You were smoking, I saw you! Now you go and lie about it! What is wrong with you, this behaviour is not okay, at all!"

"I don't care if I'm grounded, who gives a shit! Nobody understands me!" I exclaim.

"Jayde, there is no need for that kind of language!" Eleanor finally joins the conversation. I shut up immediately. Crap, now I'm in for it.

"Now, go upstairs and get ready, pack your things, and come down when you've calmed down and are ready to talk about this reasonably!" She shouts, pointing at the stairs and giving me a forceful glare, that makes me flinch.

I do as she says, climbing the stairs as fast as I can. I rush into my room, throwing my small amount of belongings into my bag and heading to the bathroom with it. After I shower, I feel a fair bit better. I climb out and dress in a pair of denim shorts with lace pockets, and a white button up flowy top. I put my hair in braids, sprayed it with hairspray and then pulled the braids out, leaving me with crimped hair.

i apply heavy eye make up, just because i feel like it, then throw my bag over my shoulder and flounce down into the living room where Aunty El and Lou are sat on a two-seater, facing the armchair that I assume is meant for me. I plop into it, sitting back and throwing my arms behind my head.

"Jayde. I can't say I understand what you're going through because I probably don't, but you need to stop blocking us all out! We're your family and we love you very, very much. We only want whats best for you, and I'm telling you now, those boys are not what is best for you, trust me." Eleanor says sternly.

I decide to play along so I can go off and entertain myself. "Yes of course Aunty El, I'm really sorry, I was just..upset."

"I've already punished you, and I would do it again for the attitude this morning, but I think I'll just leav it until you get home...that will be bad enough." Louis says, and I can tell he doesn't like spanking me, but he is the only person other than my Dad, who will (sometimes Danielle and Eleanor do).

I sigh. It will be quite bad when I get home.