Chapter 4

"JAYYYYDEEEEE! Wake up nowwwww!"

I open my eyes to see Jade Thirwall on top of me. OMG!

"Jade!! Oh my gosh what are you doing here?" I exclaim, still trying to wake up.

"I'm going out with Perrie today and her and Zayn have to do something here...so I thought I would come and see you!" she chirps, climbing off of me so that I can sit up.

I narrow my eyes in suspicion. "What are Zayn and perrie doing here?" I ask as I climb out of bed. Jade looks around the room and avoids my gaze.

"Um, what are you wearing today? Your Mam said you might be able to come shopping and to the cinema with us! Let me pick an outfit?" she nervously changes the subject.

"Um, yeah I guess..I have to use the bathroom." I say, heading towards the door.

"Oh, your Dad said not to go downstairs, don't you have your own bathroom?" Jade says distractedly from my closet. Shoot.

"Uh, yeah, um the toilets acting funny so I'll just use Mum and Dads." I say, hurrying from the room before Jade can argue.

What is going on in this house?

I sneak down the staircase and hear voices coming from the living room. It sounds like Mum, Dad, Perrie, Zayn and Harry.

I tune into the conversation.

"Well, what about this one?" Perrie says. "No, it looks a bit rough don't you think, I mean, I don't want her to be miserable, I want her to have fun." Dad replies.

"I think this one looks great, good music program- plus there aren't any boys there!" Harry says. Are they talking about me? I choose this moment to storm into the room.

I quickly grab the pieces of paper on the coffee table before they even know what has happened. I realise they are brochures to...boarding schools?

"What the hell is going on here? Mum? Dad? Are you sending me away?" I yell. Tears pool in my eyes. How could they? I thought they loved me.

"Baby, don't cry, look- we just think-" i cut my 'father' off.

"You think I'm too much, you can't handle me? Well thats bullshit! I though you were my parents, who love me unconditionally! My whole life I've been abandoned over and over again! You are really going to drop me off at some boarding school? Well good! I don't want to be around people who can't be trusted..who don't love me."

I grab my coat and walk briskly out the front door, slamming the front door.

I hear it open and close again as I walk away from our flat.

"Jayde! JAYDE!" Harry calls. "Go away!" I scream, tears falling freely down my face.

I feel a hand on my arm and try to shrug it off, but Harry has a firm grip on my wrist now. "Just let me go." I say shortly, turning to look into Harry's stern eyes.

"Jayde, come on, lets go get breakfast and we'll talk." He says, already dragging me to his car.

"Fine." I grumble-as if I had a choice.

We drive to the closest McDonalds and Harry jumps out.

I follow begrudgingly.

Once we get our food (I just got a Frappe) we sat in a secluded table and Harry sunk down in his seat so he wasn't recognised.

"So?" I say, waiting for Harry to talk.

"Jayde, you know your parents love you very much, and so do the rest of us." Harry says carefully.

"Whatever" i say, shaking my head.

"No I'm serious. your parents are worried about your grades, i mean, you went from 90% on your tests, to below 30%? Come on, whats going on? There has to be a reason for that."

"How would you feel if you were abandoned by your mother at birth, you finally found a family that you truly love, and then they talk about giving you up to some boarding school? Hmm?" I say accusingly, changing the subject from my grades.

"Jay, I doubt they will send you away now. They were never going to without your okay. Thats why Zayn, Perrie and I were there, to try and find a school you might actually like to go to. We all love you and only want whats best for you." Harry explains, grabbing my hand.

Oh. Well maybe I should've just heard them out in the first place...whoops.

"Oh Harry, I'm sorry, i just thought..you were sending me away. I thougth you guys were sick of me and wanted to get rid of me." I say, now regretting my actions.

"Its alright, I understand how it must have looked. Now, back to your grades." Harry says, changing to a serious tone.

I sigh, looking down at my drink.

"Look, Haz, I just don't even know how to explain it alright? None of it makes sense. Everything is just jumbled up, and I haven't always been like this. I don't know whats wrong with me! The only subject I actually look forward to is Art."

"Bubba, it sounds like..I'm no expert but it sounds like you've got a learning disability. But don't worry, we will get you some help." Harry says, looking at me sympathetically.

I nod and finish of my Frappe.

"Do we have to go home?" I ask and Harry switches from big brother mode to Daddy mode.

"Yeah, you might be in trouble, but we'll sit down and talk about it with your Mum and Dad, alright?"

I nod and we drive home in silence.

Upon entering the living room I am engulfed in a massive bear hug by my Mum. "I love you so much Jayde, don't ever think otherwise." She says passionately and I nod, sitting down on the two-seater next to Harry, looking to him to start the conversation.

"Um, guys, you should sit down, we need to talk." Harry begins...

Once THAT conversation is over, Mum and Dad say that they will talk about what we're gonna do about it.

I go up to my room and look at the clock.

I've only been up for an hour and 15 minutes.

I get dressed (yes i was at Maccas in my pyjamas.) in a Jade style outfit, a little bowtie in my hair and purple suspenders.

I guess its too late for that shopping date huh? Oh well.

I walk into the kitchen and write on the fridge. 'LARRY STYLINSON FOREVER' in permanent marker. Sweet. That was random.

Then I walk into our TV room and see Perrie and Jade chilling on the lounge, watching Jeremy Kyle.

"Oh hey sweet, ready to go?" Perrie asks and I nod, rambling about how I thought they would have left already.

"Noo, how could we leave without you silly!" Jade says as we walk towards the front door. Then I remember the fridge.

"Uhh, we better go, don't want any traffic!" I say, pushing the two of them out the door.

"Bye Mum, bye Dad, I'm going with Perrie!" I yell into the house before bolting to the car and telling Jade to step on it.

Perrie turns around to stare at my, suspicion in her eyes. "What did you do?" she questions.

"Um, well I wrote something on the fride...in permanent marker....larry stylinson forever, might have been mentioned." I stutter.

Jade and Perrie crack up laughing.

"Guys! Its not funny! I could get introuble if Dads in a bad mood!" I scold them.

We arrive at the street where we are shopping and i unbuckle my seat belt. "Alright, lets forget about the little incident this morning and SHOP!" Perrie yells. I giggle and we start off down the street.

"Nice outfit by the way." Jade says with a wink.