It's unbelievable how much patience I lose every time this nigga opens his mouth. I had to put up with him the whole ride over when I really should've made that nigga walk. Now I'm confined to a room with him and the first thought that comes to his mind 'cause I was stupid enough to invite him in.

There's a reason most niggas have to wait in the hall before they can join us in this room and Simon is that reason personified.

"You got it all figured out, huh?" I ask.

"Yup," Simon says.

He ought to be lucky that Reese knows me better than anybody in this room. He's worked with me long enough to understand what my I'm saying before my fists do the talkin' for me.

'You got it all figured out' means you ain't hearing me so I gotta show you wassup instead. Reese has seen firsthand what these kind of conversations can lead to. Soon as I step to Simon, he stretches his arm out to hold me back.

I'm thankful for him 'cause I meant what I said about fighting only getting in the way of finding Candyce. But all that goes out of the window when it comes to Simon. I swear it's like oil and water with that boy. His smart mouth and quick temper be having me ready to lay hands on him. But I'll deal with him another way for Candyce's sake.

I push Reese's arm off me.

"The club wasn't the first time Angel went after Candyce. You would know that if you listened more than you talked. The first time was a drive-by that almost got us all killed. Where you was back then? That's right. I keep forgetting you jumped off the porch overnight. You was catching bodies on GTA while we was getting shot in real life," I say.

I step closer to him, but Reese gets in my way. I talk the rest of my shit from over his shoulder.

"Stop talkin' like you know this life, bruh. You just a nerd playing dress-up," I say.

Simon smacks his teeth.

"And you just a pussy pretending to be a gangsta. Some nigga rode on you and your best friend and he still roaming the streets untouched. Now he got Candyce too and you too traumatized to do anything about it," He says.

I'm sick and tired of this nigga talkin' like he know what the fuck he talkin' bout. I spent the whole ride over here explaining why I don't think it was Angel that took her. He kept asking how I know and I don't--not for sure anyway--but I gotta gut feeling he looking the wrong way. I been in the streets a long time and my instincts ain't never lead me astray.

Every time Angel came at us, he left behind a clue letting us know it was him. Daz ain't let us know what he found at the trap yet, but I feel like if it was Angel, he would've been reached out to us. I could almost hear his manic ass cackling on the phone while Candyce screams in the background.

It's true that I haven't known him as long as Ace. In my defense, Angel strikes me as one of those people you only gotta meet once to know what they stand on. My limited experience tells me snatching Red up like a thief in the night just ain't his style.

If I'm wrong and he is moving like that, I think he would've kidnapped her a long time ago. Opening night of her club would've been perfect. Nobody knew he still had eyes on us, and the club was so packed nobody would've noticed if Candyce went missing. Instead, he killed one of her employees to remind us that Candyce can be touched at any time.

It's all a cat and mouse game to Angel. I doubt he'd end it by kidnapping Candyce before Ace gets back in town. It's Ace he got the real beef with anyway.

I tried to explain all this to Simon in the car, but I see now that logic goes in one ear and out the other with him. He's determined to pull up on Angel no matter what I say.