~Back To School :

•Chapter 3.
________________

{ One Week Later }

"RJ ! Boy, if you don't come down here in five minutes ! " Tinashe yelled growing impatient. Today, the kids were going back to school and as usual, it was RJ who was driving everybody, since Richard and Tinashe had to go to work at the same time and it was Monday. And of course, the teenage boy was late. He was not adjusted for it yet. In his mind he was still in summertime. He spent the last week of vacation to stay up all night and sleep all day -except for the couple of hours he had to be the maid of the house - he was living like a vampire and wasn't ready to go back in reality. No, he was definitely not starting his senior year in a good note. 

RJ ran down the stairs and then in the kitchen. He grabbed some snacks and threw them in his backpack for later since he hadn't time to eat breakfast. Then he opened the refrigerator, took the orange juice, poured it in a glass that he got out from the dishwasher and finally drank it like he hadn't drink since twenty years. You could tell he was a mess. 

His mother shook her head, "Good morning, sleeping beauty." She greeted him with her glass of apple juice in her right hand. 

RJ sighed catching his breath, "Why did you not wake me up ? " He asked sitting on a chair at the counter. 

"If I remember well, you have an alarm clock. And we already talked about it with your father, you need to be more responsible. Did you search a job yet ? " 

He rolled his eyes as she was turning around to set herself a plate with eggs and bacon, "It's just the first day." He whined. 

She smacked her lips, "RJ are you really serious right now ? " She turned back around to face her son, "It was clear ! We gave you one month and a half to enjoy your summer and for the three last weeks you had to get ready for your last year of high school, make plans and search a job for the weekend at least. And what did you do ? Nothing of all of this. Let me remind you that you'll be in college next year and soon you'll be an adult and have to take care of yourself. So be more mature ! You're not a kid anymore, so stop acting like one. Now it's time to go. Drive safely." She said then pulled the car keys out of her purse and gave it to me. He could only drive to take his siblings and himself to school and pick them up.

RJ groaned as him, his little sisters and brothers were getting in the black seven places monospace. He helped the three little ones and then got in the driver seat. He put the key in the ignition and started the engine. In less than twenty-five minutes, he had dropped off everybody. When he was finally alone, he turned the radio on and Slow Down by Clyde Carson echoed in the car. He nodded his head and a couple of minutes later, he was pulling in front of Rosa Parks High School. He parked in his usual spot and then got out. At the same time Dorian was coming towards him.

They gave each other a dap and hugged fraternally, "Wassup cuz ? How was your last week of vacation ? "

"Man, what are you talking about ?! I was in punishment ! I am still ! Plus, my butt is hurting." He complained still feeling the pain. 

Dorian chuckled, "Your butt ? What happened ? " He asked curiously as they were entering in the building.