Mysterious Rocks

Route 4, Roria

"Duskit! What in the Digletts are you doing here!? You should be back at Gale Forest!" Dozen yelped.

The Weevolt hissed at the Duskit but the Duskit ignored it and stared at Dozen with its dark eyes. Dozen stared back. She sensed something about the Duskit. Fear, she realized. Whatever that had scared the Duskit out of Gale Forest had really given it a bad fright.

"What? What is it?" Dozen soothed, getting up and calming her Weevolt, before taking a step closer to the Duskit.

The Duskit didn't move, and Dozen still saw fear in its eyes. Dozen sighed, and started thinking what could scare Duskit so badly.

Not something normally in Gale, Dozen thought, something new, something, evil. Dozen sighed, it was hurting her head thinking. She turned back to the Duskit, that was still motionless. A wave of panic took over Dozen.

"Duskit!" Shouted Dozen alarmed, "Please, tell me. What has got you so frightened?" 

The Duskit nuzzled her and floated to a rock. Dozen stared disbelieving at it. 

"You're...afraid of a...rock..." Dozen trailed off.

The Duskit shook its head and floated toward the darkening, eerie sky that Dozen hadn't noticed and then gestured at the rock again. Dozen pondered it for awhile before the answer hit her.

"The rock pieces!" Dozen shouted, but immediately covered her mouth. Information like that can mean trouble if the wrong people heard it.

"The rocks, Globe did tell me there was something wrong and weird about them, but I wonder what it did to you," Dozen whispered, and looked curiously at the Duskit, "and I don't think I'll get anymore info out of you."

The Duskit nodded and looked around fearfully. The Weevolt, finally deciding it was no danger said something in Loomian language. The Duskit replied, and snuggled up with the Weevolt.

"Awwww," Dozen said, looking at them, moving toward the duo, "don't worry Duskit, you're safe now. I promise. Whatever the rock thingys did to you, it won't happen again."

The three sat there for  awhile before Dozen got up. "Sorry Duskit, Weevolt and I need to head to Silvent now. Pretty sure Jake's done with his challenge and I'm going to try to win too. Hehe, I was planning on catching another Loomian, but I forgot when you came, but I might win, I mean, I'm a quite skillful Pokémon trainer."

"Weevolt," the Weevolt purred sadly, before saying something that Dozen decided was a farewell. Dozen turned to go but the Duskit grabbed one of her Discs.

"What? You want a souvenir from meeting me?" Dozen joked, but then saw the Duskit activating it, "uhhhh, what are you doing?"

The next moment was weird. A light surrounded the Duskit, the light that surrounds Loomian when they were getting captured and sucked the Duskit in. The Capture Disc cluttered onto the ground. There was no thrashing and spinning of attempts to escape either. Dozen stared, and at the wrong time, the perky voice of the Loomi Watch said, "Congratulations Dozen! You have captured a Duskit! Now, would you like to give it a nickname?"

Dozen faced-palmed, and clicked "no," before picking up the Disc. She couldn't believe what the Duskit had done. What had she done to let it choose her as it trainer? All she did was take it to the Loomian Trainer Station and set it free and comfort it. She smiled, she had told Jake that they shouldn't capture it yet now she has it. How ironic, but she decided it was fine, after all, it was the Duskit's choice, not her fault if it later regrets it.