045. Suffering

Warning: This chapter talks about depression and anxiety

Madison's POV
It's been a month after I gave birth to Ainsley. Calum has moved into my penthouse to help out with Ainsley as I have been feeling helpless.

I have been having sleepless nights. Sometimes I struggle being able to do the simple things with Ainsley. I have snapped at Calum and get irritated so easily. I apologized to him so many times. Becoming a new mom had changed so much of my life. I feel as if I'm isolating myself from the world. I'm in this world where I'm alone.

I have no energy to get up sometimes. I haven't ate much but I just blamed on the tiredness from Ainsley not getting enough sleep. I'm scared that something is wrong with me. I decided to head to the doctors to see if there was medically something wrong with me.

Here we are now, I'm sitting in a doctor's office and waiting for the doctor to come in. The doctor comes in and sits down on her chair. She says, "Madison, have you heard of postpartum depression?" I said "Yes, I did my studies of that before I had Ainsley."

She flips through the files, "Postpartum depression is what you have. Given, the symptoms you have told me and the way you described about having trouble with Ainsley. Plus with your history of depression and anxiety would weigh in."

I looked at her. "Is there anything you can prescribe to help me?" The doctor checks her computer, "I can give you SSRIs but you need to go see a therapist daily." I nodded my head as a form of understanding.

That night, Dana and Carl helped out by taking Ainsley off our hands for the night. I told Calum my diagnosis. He took my hand, "I'm gonna stand by you, Addy. No matter what happens. I love you no matter how much help you need." I laid on his lap while he held me.

Liked by emmachamberlain and 1,987,788 othersAddySprayberry: ⚠️⚠️depression

AddySprayberry: ⚠️⚠️depression

hi, my loves. I'll be taking a break off of social media. The reason why is my mental health has been declining ever since I came home from the hospital. I've noticed these constant symptoms of mine and talked to a doctor who has medically diagnosed me with Postpartum Depression. It was more prone to me given my history of depression and anxiety. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Even tho I'm taking a break, it does not mean i'm not here for u guys. If you need to dm me, please do. This is not goodbye
-Addy xx

 This is not goodbye-Addy xx