The boar squealed, running right past Law as if it was running away from something. The boars on this island were some of the most dangerous creatues, and the thought of something being able to scare the living shit out of one made Law uneasy.

Law was instantly brought back into reality when he heard Daisuke start coughing hard. Looking over, he saw Daisuke on his knees, holding his gut as he coughed up blood.

"Daiko-ya!" Law barked, quickly rushing over to Daisuke's side. "I-I'm... I'm fine, L-Law," Daisuke huffed out a pained breath as he felt blood spill from his mouth, "I was j-just caught off guard..."

The boar had rammed its head straight into Daisuke's chest, effectively reversing all the healing his broken ribs had done in the span of a week, most likely breaking a few more.

The pieces of bone were lodged into Daisuke's lungs, making breathing feel as if someone was trying to scrape their way out of his heaving body.

"T-That's a lie!" Law croaked, "You're lying!"

Daisuke shakily looked up at Law with a wide eye. He... he did know...

"Law... I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you." Daisuke exhaled sharply, forcing his body up against a nearby tree.

"But I could've helped you! I'm a doctor! I ate the Ope Ope no Mi!" Law protested, his worry and fear clearly visible on his features as he crouched down next to Daisuke's weakened form that was propped up against the tree.

Daisuke painfully chuckled, both arms tightly wrapped around his gut. "Law... do you even know how to use the Ope Ope no Mi?"

His question caught Law off guard. Daisuke was right, however. Law had no clue how to use the Devil Fruit Corazon made him eat. He didn't know what to do with it.

Both Daisuke and Corazon had said the fruit needed medical knowledge to be used properly, but Law didn't know where to start.

Daisuke easily read Law's expression. "See? Law... you knew I was suffering. So, you must know why I kept it from you."

Law noticed Daisuke's skin had paled significantly. He noticed how careful Daisuke had became, and he noticed the coughing fits and the painful nights Daisuke kept from him.

"Why? Why would you do something like that?! Why did you keep it from me, Daiko-ya?!" Law felt tears in his eyes now. His worst fear was coming true. N

Daisuke... was leaving him.

Daisuke smiled, placing his hand on the boy's head. "Law, sometimes things happen because that's what's supposed to happen. I'm sorry that I couldn't fulfill my promise to you. I'm sorry we couldn't see the world. I'm sorry that there's nothing you can do."

"S-Stop talking like that! I-I'll go get help! The Navy hasn't left this island, yet! I'll... I-I'll..."

"No, Law. I don't want you anywhere near the Navy. Do you understand me?" Daisuke's tone suddenly darkened, making Law meet the older boy's eye.

"B-But... you'll die..." Law began, but he couldn't bring himself to continue.

"You're in trouble, Law. You may have eaten the Ope Ope no Mi, but you're still sick. The Navy were the ones who destroyed Flevance, killing anyone who had the White Lead Syndrome. You ate the Ope Ope no Mi, the Devil Fruit worth five billion Berí. I... I don't know what the Navy will do to you if they found out. We can't go to a hospital either, even if there was one on this shitty island." Daisuke explained, lowering his hand from Law's head.

"I don't care about my life being in danger when you're the one dying, Daiko-ya!" Law barked, tears falling from his eyes now.

"But I do, dammit! Cora-san gave his life so we could live! So you could live! I'm not going to die here, Law, I swear. But I don't want you throwing away your life for me!"