002

|| The Sadistic Blade and a Black Feather ||

For over a year, Harbinger had worked for the Donquixote Family, more so for Doflamingo. For all that time, no one knew of his powers, or his true name.

He couldn’t tell anyone his true name. He was a member of D., and if Doflamingo found that out, he knew he would be in trouble.

Big, big trouble.

Harbinger’s true name... is Harbinger D. Daisuke. The eater of the the Uroko Uroko no Mi, a Mythical Zoan-type Devil Fruit that held the power of a dragon.

One day, Daisuke met Doflamingo’s younger brother by blood. Donquixote Rosinante, or Corazon. Of course, the most logical reaction Rosinante could’ve had was to punt Daisuke out of a fucking window.

Daisuke was pissed at Corazon, but he didn’t seem to hold a grudge against him. It was pretty obvious that Daisuke was a broken boy. Any morals he seemed to have ever believed in were violently ripped away.

Daisuke was cynical, sadistic, cold, harsh, mean, and somewhat agoraphobic. He openly made everyone aware that he enjoyed the missions Doflamingo sent him on.

Those missions were, most of the time, assassination.

Daisuke was skilled with his throwing knives. His aim was impeccable, and his speed was terrifyingly fast.

Doflamingo loved it. He was very fond of the young boy, as he knew Daisuke was an excellent asset to him and his black market business.

Daisuke had no need for fighting lessons, so Doflamingo taught him things the people on Daisuke’s home island neglected to teach.

Life seemed to be... tolerable, with the Donquixote Family. Daisuke had nothing to fight for, he had no one to protect.

So, in the end, Daisuke didn’t care if he died. He didn’t care if he failed one of Doflamingo’s missions and died from the torture he would receive.

His lack of morale is what made him such a formidable, deadly fighter. Even if he was only twelve. Pain seemed more of a nuisance than an actual threat to the boy.

It would taste a lie to say he didn’t scare some of the other members of Doflamingo’s crew.

Daisuke was incredibly secretive. He hardly talked unless he absolutely needed to, and he rarely attended the crew’s meetings unless they talked about something that would peak Daisuke’s interest.

Daisuke thought he would be empty forever. Unable to care for anyone ever again. That was until Corazon, the man who apparently hated kids, showed him otherwise.

It was a normal day in Spider Miles. Well, as normal as normal could get for someone like Daisuke.

He was sitting with Buffalo, a large dark-skinned, dark-haired boy; and Baby-5, a pale-skinned black-haired girl. Daisuke was originally sitting alone, but the two other young members of Doflamingo’s crew wouldn’t stop bothering him.

“What the hell do you even want?!” Daisuke finally snapped, reaching his limit. At his loud tone, Baby-5 clung to Buffalo and began to cry.

“We just want to know more about you, Harbinger-dasuyan!” Buffalo chimed, ignoring Baby-5 as she tended to cling to him quite often.

“Yeah!” Baby-5 agreed, snapping from her original depressed, feared state. “You’re so interesting, Harbinger-kun!”

Daisuke sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He wasn’t in the same outfit the Donquixote Family found him in, since that outfit couldn’t really be considered an outfit anymore.