"Uriel!!" She called her again. This time catching her attention. "I said pass me the glow kit." Uriel picked up the makeup item and passed it to Daniella who couldn't help but asked.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing " Uriel said.

"If it's not nothing then why haven't you been talking and you've been staring at your phone throughout. I saw the way your dropped when your screen light up." Daniella said leaving Funmilayo side.

The other girls turned to face Uriel.

"Yeah I noticed you were quiet but I just thought you're tired."Salihat said.

"Yes that's true."Ene added.

"Oops sorry babe me I didn't notice anything. My mind wasn't even here." Funmilayo said smiling and everyone shook their heads at her including Uriel.

"O ma wa alright (you'll be alright) " Daniella said to Funmilayo.

"What's wrong ?" She asked Uriel again.

"I'm just worried " Uriel answered

"Why?" This time it was Ene.

"It's Tony. I haven't seen him since Saturday and we haven't spoken either. Is that normal." Uriel said and all the girls let out a sigh of relief. Funmilayo went extra by tapping her hand on the floor and tapping her chest thrice.

"Ah I thought something bad happened " Funmilayo said.

"The yoruba gene in you is just so thick." Salihat said to Funmilayo and they all laughed.

"Owwn baby girl. Is that why you're sad?" Daniella raised Uriel chin 

"Isn't it enough reason. What if he doesn't want us to date again. What if he's just avoiding me?" Uriel stressed.

"Babe you're just overthinking it. He might just be busy with work you know.  Take me for instance, I hadn't seen Funmi throughout the week until today. Not b'cos I don't want to but I've been busy with my project." Ene tried assuring her that everything was ok.

"That's true. He could just be busy " Daniella said

"Or not" Salihat chipped in and all the girls glared at her except Uriel who looked really sad.

"Sally why would you say that?" Ene glanced at Salihat.

"What! I'm just saying what if he isn't busy. I'm not saying he isn't o. It's just an assumption.  It's ok for her to be worried. Who doesn't check on their girlfriend for days?" Salihat wanted them to understand her point.

Uriel thought of what Salihat said and deep down it made sense and got her even more worried but Ene words were calming her down.  He's just busy  she thought to herself.

"Don't mind Sally. Have you guys spoken at all this week?" Daniella asked
and she said

"Yes, once. I called him on Tuesday but we didn't speak for up to a minute. He said he had to attend a meeting."

"You see. He's probably just busy with work. You know how the schedule of people that work with politicians can be. " Daniella reassured.

"Ok . Thanks guys" Uriel said smiling at her friends.

"That being settled can we get back to my face. I've a date to get to." Funmilayo said screaming the date part.

Daniella finished the makeup and Funmilayo went in to wear her dress. She had spend the entire Wednesday afternoon  picking what to wear with Uriel's help. After four hours and several testing.  They settled for her leopard print dress that stick to her body like a second skin. Putting it on, she paired it with a black wedge heel and black turban with sequence.  She wore her favourite hoop earrings. She picked up her black shiny purse putting in her phone, wallet, Atm card,perfume and her powder incase she needed to touch her face.